8

Chapter 8

*Beau Graham's POV*

I walked out of my room, stopping as I saw Bryce walking out of his room.

"Bryce," I called out, walking towards him as he turned around, smiling softly at me. 

"What's up?" He smirked, crossing his arms as I cleared my throat, slipping my hands into the pockets of my black Billabong sweatpants. 

"Can I ask you something?" I gulped, looking into his eyes as he nodded, his smile fading. 

"Ya, of course! What's up? Is everything okay?" He jumped, straightening up as I nodded. 

"Yeah, everything's fine. I was just wondering, what has Josh told you about me?" 

"Man, you're gonna make me think," he laughed, glancing down at his feet before looking back up at me. "He only told me these things. He told me not to tell the other guys. He said you lost your mom at a really young age. You and your dad lived in Hawaii with a house in Venice you went to over the summer, Josh and his family would go and visit you there. He told me that you were one of the filthiest surfers he's ever seen! When I asked him about you, he told me that the you that you are now isn't the you that he grew up with. He said something about how something snapped in you when you lost your dad. He also said something about how you never tell the real story about his death, that all you saw is he hit his head. Josh thinks there is more to that story because he said you're now scared of the water, something he never thought was possible," Bryce gulped as I nodded, clearing my throat. 

"Do you think it's possible for someone to overcome their fears? Even if the fear sorta just developed?" I said softly,  glancing down at my feet before looking back up into Bryce's dark eyes. 

"I think so," he nodded. I just walked up to him, hugging him softly. He was confused at first, then his arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly. I stepped back, smiling softly up at him. 

"Thank you," I said softly, smiling at him before walking past him, making my way upstairs. "Let's go," I sighed.