1038

Marriage Is A Must After Hugging, Right?

During these few years, Xiangrong still remembered being pushed into the water by Fendai during the palace banquet that year. A subordinate of the Seventh Prince pulled her out of the water. When she arrived on the boat, it was the Seventh Prince who reached out to support her and even lightly wrapped his arm around her shoulder. At that moment, her heart, which already harbored a secret crush, was already thumping loudly. She did not even dare to lift her head, and until today, she did not know what expression the Seventh Prince had when she was saved by him.

Right now, her arm was grabbed again, and it was still that person, but she was still unable to summon any courage. Her feet did stop and the two of them formed a stalemate. One at the front and one at the back, with no one speaking first.

Xiangrong suddenly thought of what Imperial Concubine Yun said. A girl should also be more proactive, be bold, do not be wishy-washy all the time. She also drank quite a bit of alcohol tonight, and her courage seemed to have increased under the influence of the alcohol. So she gritted her teeth, turned around without any hesitation, looking at Xuan Tianhua directly. It was only an instant, but she saw some worry reflected in his eyes.

Xiangrong was wild with joy and asked on reflex: “Your Highness the Seventh Prince is worried about me? I am fine, I just fell.” After saying this, she felt very regretful, because behind that worried look, she immediately saw another complex emotion, as if he was not seeing her, but seeing another person through her. Xiangrong jolted and finally looked down again.

She was overthinking it, right?

“It’s a cold day, even if you wish to come out, you should dress more warmly.” Xuan Tianhua finally opened his mouth to speak but did not release his hand grabbing Xiangrong’s elbow. He even raised his other hand to lightly brush off the snow on her shoulder. “I thought all of you went to bed early, it’s so late, why did you come out?”

Xiangrong felt some faint feelings of happiness. Regardless, it was good that the Seventh Prince was willing to say a few sentences to her. The small cheeks of the young girl reddened, and she turned to look at Xuan Tianhua, saying: “I could not sleep, Madam said that Your Highness was at the bamboo forest and I could come over to take a look, so I…… came.”

“Why didn’t the Madam to you to dress more warmly? It’s cold outside.” Xuan Tianhua shook his head in exasperation, and the cape draped on his arm fell on Xiangrong’s shoulders and he personally tied the straps in front for her. With thin fingers, every loop and tie was a work of art.

That cape was a little large. With Xiangrong’s small build, it drooped below her feet and made contact with the snow. She quickly lifted it up, afraid that it would get wet from the snow. That careful behaviour made it seem like it was not a normal cape, but a most precious, valuable item which did not allow even the slightest damage.

But Xuan Tianhua pushed her hand down, telling her: “It’s just a cape for you to keep warm, why are you holding it up for?”

Under the influence of alcohol which had not dissipated, Xiangrong became bolder and smiled until the smile reached her eyes: “Because this cape belongs to Your Highness the Seventh Prince! To Xiangrong, this is a most precious item and cannot be dirtied. Else Xiangrong’s heart will be pained by this.”

Looking at the young girl in front of him, Xuan Tianhua’s heart clenched for a strange reason. Xiangrong at this age resembled Feng Yuheng a lot, when he pulled that person out from the large river in the suburbs of the capital, that young girl was unconscious. Her small body was so skinny that there was no fat at all, but she was very obedient when she was unconscious, sleeping deeply while nestled in his arms.