1072

The Truth Is Out

Xuan Tianmo looked towards Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, that woman was still slumped on the ground, barely breathing due to the pain. He actually really wanted to ask what exactly had happened to that Gu Master and why the situation suddenly became like this? But the gaze Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui directed at him already contained hatred, mother and son falling out was already something which could not be reversed and he could not ask that question.

It was Imperial Concubine Li who suddenly spoke, glaring at Xuan Tianmo and Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, asking them loudly: “Accusing This One of harming His Majesty, what evidence do you have? Since when did This One implant a Gu and harm His Majesty?”

Once Imperial Concubine Li spoke, Xuan Tianfeng also spoke to the Empress: “For this matter, This Son asks for Your Highness the Empress to investigate this properly, This Son believes that my own Imperial Concubine Mother will not do anything to harm Father Emperor, and does not believe that my Imperial Concubine Mother can use any Gu techniques. Moreover, if she really knows it and can really control Father Emperor using Gu techniques, then she would have asked for herself to gain favour and This Son to gain favour. She would not have asked for Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui and Eighth Brother to rise above her.”

The Empress nodded, “Feng-er is correct.”

“It’s not!” Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui suddenly shouted shrilly, “It was Imperial Concubine Li who did it, she is Mo-er’s aunt, helping Mo-er would be helping herself. If Mo-er ascends to the throne one day, she will also get a good position. She mentioned this matter to me before, but I did not agree. However, I did not expect that she would act on her own. She has a bracelet with her! She has a bracelet, there is Gu inside!”

When she heard Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui mention the bracelet, Imperial Concubine Li was very surprised, holding out her wrist and replying: “You are talking about this? This bracelet was given to me by you! You said Grandmother gave one to each of us, you have one, I also have one. Why would Gu be hidden inside? I don’t know, I really don’t know anything!”

Imperial Concubine Li had a minor breakdown, though she frequently did some crazy things, but she really never harmed the Emperor before. If today was to expose her actions of cursing Xuan Tianming, she would have no choice but to admit this sin since she had done it before. But what has the huge change in the Emperor’s temperament have to do with her? Why was this blamed on her?

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui did not budge, insisting that there was Gu in the bracelet. And at this time, Xuan Tianming suddenly opened his mouth and spoke: “Whether there is Gu inside, we will know with an inspection. Where the Gu came from can also be known with an inspection. Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, why are you so hasty?” After he said this, he had the people who followed him into the palace come forward, then spoke to everyone once more: “To tell all of you the truth, this person is Gu Shu’s ruler and had entered the capital in advance yesterday, staying at Yu Palace the whole time. Gu Shu is very proficient in Gu techniques, therefore as to whether there is Gu in the bracelet, why don’t we ask the Gu Shu ruler to verify?”

When they heard that the Gu Shu ruler had come, everyone was a little stunned, including the Empress. But the Empress was a smart person, the huge change in the Emperor’s temperament was clearly not natural. And suddenly throwing up so many snakes today, no matter how ignorant she was, she would have understood that it had something to do with Gu techniques. Gu techniques were prevalent in the south, and Gu Shu was the most proficient. Xuan Tianming and Feng Yuheng kept a low profile during these few months and the thought that the two of them were prepared to not care about this anymore had crossed her mind at one point in time. It was only today that she knew that these two already thought that the Emperor had been inflicted by Gu and had been thinking of solutions the whole time. Seeing the Gu Shu ruler suddenly appear, she finally understood the solution that Xuan Tianming and Feng Yuheng had thought of.