1056

Your Highness Has An Illness! Infertility!

“Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui’s insides are depleted, there are some symptoms of cold uterus and blockage of the fallopian tubes, your period should be irregular, right?” Feng Yuheng sat on the chair next to Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, one hand holding onto Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui’s wrist while speaking. After saying this, she even pulled up Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui’s sleeve and carefully examined the arm she exposed, then shook her head: “Your arm is shiny and fair but this is not its usual state. If Ah-Heng is not wrong, Your Highness probably cleans off the hair on your arm regularly to maintain your image, right? And in reality, not only do you have denser hair on your arms, you probably have more hair than usual under your arms and on your legs.”

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui listened to Feng Yuheng’s words. She did not really understand the first half. She understood cold uterus but what were fallopian tubes? However, she understood the later half, and had to admit that Feng Yuheng was extremely correct, she did have denser body hair than usual. When she first entered the palace, it was her family who asked a Miao person to send some good ointment over so she could pass the stage of the verification grandma during the selection. She had been using that ointment since she entered the palace, and until Imperial Concubine Yun entered the palace and the Emperor favoured a new concubine for more than twenty years, she no longer did so. She thought that she did not have to use it anymore, but unexpectedly, she gained that chance at this age and naturally could not allow the Emperor see her unpleasant side, so she asked that Gu Master to make a new batch of ointment for the sake of getting rid of overly dense body hair.

The Emperor frequently praised her fair skin, but unexpectedly, Feng Yuheng exposed it with one sentence, making her feel a little awkward. But thinking about it again, when faced with a doctor, especially a female doctor, there was nothing to feel embarrassed about, so she asked: “This One does not understand what you said, how is overly dense body hair related to the ability to conceive a child?”

Feng Yuheng told her: “It is closely related. Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui is at this age, could it be that you think that your chances of conceiving are as large as those fifteen, sixteen year old young ladies or those in their twenties? I am not throwing cold water on the situation, but for so many years, you already have a son, and moreover, since Father Emperor does not enter the imperial harem, you have given up on the thought of giving birth to another imperial child, so you did not put any effort in this area of maintenance at all, right?”

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui nodded, that was correct.

Feng Yuheng said again: “Polycystic ovary syndrome, the most obvious symptom of this is overly dense body hair. Irregular periods, sometimes happening once every two months, and even once every three months. Of course, the imperial health hall will brew medicines for this and you will recover after eating them. Unfortunately, this does not fix the root of the problem, without solving from the root, which is this polycystic ovary syndrome, it would be useless regardless of how much period adjusting medicine you eat. And irregular periods will have a direct effect in greatly decreasing the chances of conceiving. In addition, for blocked fallopian tubes, I don’t know if you will understand if I explain, the general meaning is that the female’s ability to move the eggs is stuck. With the eggs being blocked, then the movement of the eggs would not succeed. And for children, egg and sperm from the man have to be combined to create one. Not one can be missing. Do you understand?”

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui did not really understand it but was able to grasp a rough idea. After thinking for a while, she gestured to the tea bowls next to her and asked Feng Yuheng: “Do you mean, taking the water in these two tea bowls as an example, they meet to make contact with each other to be able to give birth to a child, but now the tea bowl in my hands as a lid on it and the water cannot come out. So even if the water in your bowl can be poured out normally, the child cannot be born?”