1073

It’s Obvious, I Did This To Cheat Your Money

Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui and the Eighth Prince’s fighting and shouting at each other, in the eyes of others, it was just like a dog biting another dog, none of them were good characters and wanted to push the responsibility onto each other.

The Empress thought, if the Gu Shu ruler was not around, she was happy to watch this for a while longer, seeing if any results would come out of this fight between mother and son. The Eighth Prince could bite off two fingers from his imperial concubine mother, so he might just lose control and beat Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui to death. In the whole imperial harem, she was irritated with Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui the most. If she really died in the hands of the Eighth Prince, she would really clap her hands in glee.

But the Gu Shu ruler was here today, as the Empress of the nation, she could not air their dirty laundry in front of outsiders. Even though they have already lost a lot of face, but at least, she could not continue allowing him to see this commotion. Therefore, the Empress spoke: “Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui and the Eighth Prince worked with a Gu Master from outside, harming the Emperor with Gu poison techniques, this sin is punishable by death. Seeing that the Emperor is still recovering, This One will issue a decree, first send these two to death row. When the Emperor recovers, the punishment will be decided then.”

With the matter escalated to this extent, everyone knew, the Eighth Prince and Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui were finished! These two people were dark horses and after experiencing a few months of glory, they were unable to grasp the good final ending which they imagined, falling to the Ninth Prince in the end. Even the servants in the imperial palace were emotional. In the end, this was just a move in a game of chess, in the end, the Ninth Prince who was loved by the Emperor since young was more amazing.

A large group of palace staff approached, restraining the pair. Xuan Tianmo tried to struggle, but the Sixth Prince ordered the Northeast troops to help and very quickly carried the pair away from the range of Zhao He Hall, sending them to the death row prison.

That death row prison was not foreign to Xuan Tianmo at all. He had been here before, and had walked to the execution platform from this place. He had thought that he would never return to this place, but unexpectedly, a few months later, history actually repeated itself like a miracle.

The soldiers carried him and Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui in, choosing two jail cells facing each other, imprisoning one person in each one. Having the pair just face each other like this, it was really mocking.

When those soldiers left and the prison finally quietened down, Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui glared at her son opposite, feeling very regretful. If she did not save him then, if she did not work together with that Gu Master at that time to save this son, even though this son would die, she would continue living on. As long as she did not make waves in the imperial harem again, even if she would not live a respected life, she would not fall to her current state. The more she thought, the more troubled she felt, the more regretful she felt, and could not help but say in anger: “I should not have saved you! I should not have saved you at all!”

Xuan Tianmo looked at his birth mother coldly, and no longer felt any shred of love towards this mother, filled with hatred. He said: “Who asked you to save me? You made your own decision to save me, what, now you regret it? Do not think that I do not know what you are thinking. If the idea of abandoning me and giving birth to another son to inherit the throne did not exist in your heart, I would not have caused this much trouble for you. All of this, was caused by you! Sly hag!” Finally, he harshly said the words sly hag, then contained in the gaze he directed at Imperial Concubine Yuan Gui, there was a strong scorn.