1078

We Need To Be Proactive And Give The Dowry

Zhang Yuan told the Emperor about Xuan Tiange agreeing to enter a marriage with the Gu Shu ruler. It was Feng Yuheng who told him this, asking him to find a chance to leak it to the Emperor to see his reaction.

Facts proved that the Emperor had truly cleared his mind, once he heard that his most beloved niece was going to marry to Gu Shu because of him, he became angry immediately: “No! Absolutely not! She definitely cannot marry!”

Zhang Yuan spread his arms: “But Princess Wuyang has agreed.”

“Even so, it cannot be done!” The old Emperor’s dominance had returned, “Tiange was coerced into it! She was forced into it by that sly man from Gu Shu. That child has been filial since young and knows how to make me happy the most. She is much stronger than those brats. She agreed for the sake of saving Us, that is taking advantage of another’s perilous state, how can that count?”

“But that person has already acted to save you, regretting at this time, how is that appropriate behaviour for a ruler?” Zhang Yuan did not bear to see Xuan Tiange getting married as well, but he became angry once he saw this old Emperor’s unreasonable attitude, and with this anger, he easily thought about his most tragic days, making him speak with frustration: “Looking at you like this, you were like that at that time. Once you heard that Liu Shi had hanged herself at Cun Shan Palace, you ran over and took a look and believed those few sentences of lies said by the other person. Huffing and glaring, you gave This Servant a few dozen beatings with the paddle and threw This Servant into the Department of Guilty Servants. If not for Princess Yu helping in secret, and Your Highness the Empress withstanding the pressure of going against you to take This Servant out of the Department of Guilty Servants, This Servant might have already died in that place.”

This Eunuch was angry once he spoke of those days, “You were unreasonable at that time, and you are still unreasonable now. That newly crowned ruler from Gu Shu, This Servant saw him a few nights ago, he is a man of talent, and bears some resemblance to our Ninth Prince! Ignoring the exchange conditions, if he can really obtain the heart of Princess Wuyang, it is still a good and beautiful thing. Why did you say no without even asking more about it?”

The Emperor’s eyes were still red because he was crying just now, and now, because of this matter, he held back his anger but his anger returned. He glared at Zhang Yuan, saying with gritted teeth: “Damn Eunuch, you dare to challenge Us now? You see that We are lying here and cannot do anything and want to soar to the sky now?”

Zhang Yuan spoke very honestly: “I have dared to challenge you since before, this has nothing much to do with whether you are lying in bed or not. If you are irritated at me, its not like you don’t have any methods to deal with it, just don’t chase me back to the Department of Guilty Servants again, else I will have no choice but to hang myself. If you do not wish to see me or are really too angry, then rest well, once you’re recovered and can leave the bed, you can raise your leg and kick me, This Servant guarantees that This Servant will not run.”

The Emperor stared at this Eunuch in a daze, and it was as if the days had suddenly reverted to how it was in the past. Just like what Zhang Yuan said, this Eunuch had never really feared him in the past, daring to say anything, daring to do anything, and has never treated him with much respect, he was also used to it. But thinking of these few months, he was affected by the Gu techniques that he was muddle-headed all day, unable to discern truth from lie and good from evil, almost torturing this Eunuch to death. When he was finally clear minded now, this Eunuch was still alive…… that was really good.