Chapter 1

Anna looked at herself in the mirror, and examined her outfit. Was it okay? She gave a quick turn around and continued with the staring. A part of her hoped that her outfit would make her look like she was going to an event that didn't absolutely make her nervous.  Formal, yet slightly casual. It was only to see her sister, after all. Nothing to be stressing over. Nope.
Does the cardigan look stupid? Well, it is chilly outside. Maybe I should change agai-
"Almost done in there?" Hans said as he knocked Anna's bathroom door. Anna inhaled and hesitated for a beat. "Uh- yes! Super!"
She opened the door and smiled cheek to cheek as if to say "tada!" Anna wore a forest green satin dress, with a tan cardigan on top. It was a bit more modest than what she was used to, but this was a special occasion.
Hans gave a quick, yet half assed smile, Turning to Anna's apartment door. "We're going to be late, my love." She felt warm inside when he called her that.
"Sorry, I'm just-" nervous. Scared. Anxious. "Excited. I want to look good for tonight."
Hans laughed softly. "Trust me, I want you to look your best tonight too." Anna gave a mock smile and looked down at the shiny ring stationed on her left ring finger.

_

Anna walked into the venue, as Hans had opened the door for her. She took a hold of his hand and squeezed it as she examined the room. "Hey, everything okay?" He said, almost at a whisper. She always squeezed his hand when she was nervous. "Psh. Yeah, it's just- oh wow! Is that..?"
Anna let go of Han's hand and rushed over to a banner covered in artwork. Anna spectated the banner in awe and reached to touch it slightly. Next to this banner was a table covered with books with the same art plastered on each one. Anna quickly went a picked up a copy, flipping through its pages till she finally looked at the back cover.
Written By Elsa Alden.
Wow.
"Hi." Said a voice to behind Anna. A very familiar voice. Anna quickly turned around,  to see for herself. There Elsa was, in a navy blue dress which made her eyes pop. "I- uh... hi!"
"I see you took a look at one of my copy's" Elsa said with a slight smile. "Uh, yeah. It looks, wow, Elsa- I can't even put into words how-" thank you." She said with a slight chuckle. "Let me sign that for you."
Anna smiled and made room for her to sign it on the table.
Elsa put the pen back down on the table of book copy's, and gave one of them back to Anna. "Thank you."
Elsa nodded. Anna clutched the book to her chest while she tried her best to fight her nerves off . "So, where is this Hans I have been hearing so much about?" Elsa asked with a smile. "Oh- Hans! He should be around here somewhere...You see, I got a little side tracked, you know with the book covers and all- and wow, Elsa-"I understand" Elsa laughed slightly. There was another awkward beat.

" I'm happy for you." Anna shook her head. "Hey! I'm the one who should be happy for you. Tonight's your big night."
Elsa smiled, and it was genuine.
"I'm just glad you came."
"I wouldn't miss it."
Suddenly, Anna felt a strong hand gently clench her shoulder.
"Sorry to leave you alone, I just met some- Oh! You must be Elsa!"
"And you must be Hans. It's great to meet you finally."
Anna reached down and grabbed Han's hand and gave it a small squeeze.
As she let her left hand free, Something caught Elsa's eye.
"Um... Anna? Can I speak to you- alone please."
Anna looked at Hans then back to Elsa. "Uh- sure, if you don't mind" she said to them both. Hans nodded.

Elsa walked into a hallway connected to the venue and Anna followed close behind, slightly worried.
"Um...Elsa is everything okay?"
"You're engaged?" Elsa asked seriously.
Oh. Shoot.
"Oh. Elsa, I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner- it's just that we weren't really talking and I didn't know how to-"Anna! You've only been together for what- two months?"
"Well-"and he's your boss!" Elsa interrupted.

Why did I have to tell her everything about Hans?

Anna stood, completely dazed and speechless. But then her shock morphed into a new emotion.
"Why can't you just be happy for me? It's.... it's true love!" Elsa scoffed in reaction. "Please, Anna, what do you know about true love?"
Anna just calm down
"Apparently more than you. All you did was shut me out! I know you had some problems growing up, but I'm your sister! And now that I actually found someone who doesn't shut me out, you just disapprove!"
Elsa paused for a moment and exhaled sharply.
"Anna. There's no need to get defensive- "I'm not defensive!"
"You're young. And not to mention you've only known him for what? Two months? I'm only looking after you." She reached for Anna's shoulder but she bitterly dodged.

"No. Right when you invite me back in your life you do this. He's a good man, and he makes me happy. He loves me. Something you, apparently, can't do!"
Immediately Anna gasped at her own words.
Elsas eyes narrowed.
"Then leave." She said coldly.
Elsa quickly turned away from her sister and stood still.