chapter 16

Claire stood in the bathroom area of ben and jerries. Something unsettling in her heart. She washed her face. Combing her messy hair with uer hair and pulling them in a bun.

She walked out. Marks coat still around her. Where was he. Why was she feeling so uneasy about him.

He was minding his own damn business and he didnt give a fuck about her. She should have known.

She walked out to see Alex asking questions to a pretty blonde woman who resembled Venessa alot. Probably Jill.

She walked and sat down on another table. Not at all trying to interfere. She ordered a hot coffee. She wasnt really hungry with all that was going around her. Plus she'd fed on the cheese croissants Mark had got her.

Probably before we left her alone. She stared out the window when she saw the man silhouette again. Her heart sped up. As she spilled her hot coffee all over the table.

She grunted as she stood up. Alex hurried next to her. "What the fuck. Jesus." He pulled tissues trying to wipe her when she stopped him.

"Im fine. Go finish the interrogation. Im fine. Please go"

Alex stared at her for a second and walked back. His eyes still on her. She could sense the fact he was soully doing this whole keeping his eyes on her act due to Mark.

She looked back. Trying to find the man again. But she saw nothing but thin air into the night.

She got up. "Alex..im gonna wait in the car. I feel nauseous." He nodded. Handing her the keys. "Il be right there"

_______________________________

Alex noted down as Jill spoke. "Venessa had told me once. About how she thought she had a stalker. She said hed followed her inside the cafe too."

"Any idea if she described him?" Alex asked. His mind concentrated on her shaking hands.

She nodded vaguely. "She said he always came in with big glassed and a black hood. I didnt take it quite seriously until today. Shes gone now. And maybe...i could have helped.

Alex grunted. He hated consoling people. And that was the last thing on his head. When an utterly difficult to handle and an utterly smart ass woman was something he had to take care of.

"Ma'am...all of us could have helped her. If possible. But we didnt. So we're all kinda on the blame too. Dont be so hard on yourself. Anything else i should know?"

She fainlty smiled. "No...btw. is Mark ohkay? Why didnt he come? Was that your.....?"

Alex shielded his face. "Shes kinda like an important victimised suspect. So we're keeping tabs on her. Plus. Mark is fine. Busy with other stuff. I should take off now. Thankyou. Ill let you in in the leads soon"

As he walked down. He ran a little to get to get to Claire. She was standing near his window. As though searching around.

"What happened in there" he asked. She looked at him. "Nothing. I thought i saw someone. Can we leave now?? Im really done for the day"

She muttered. Back was the bitchy Claire. He groaned. Mark was gonna pay making Alex tolerate her.

"Lets go. Ill wait with you in the motel room till Mark comes. "

She grunted. "I do not need a baby sitter."

He ignored her. Plain and simple.

________________

Claire stirred the hot pot as she stood in the motel rooms kitchen. Shed finally taken a shower and she felt pretty ohkay.

She managed to pick out a paper from the room and grabbed her pencil. Sitting on the sofa counter. She chewed on the Hershey chocolates Mark brought her.