chapter 29

Claire swiftly fell on top of Mark after the 5th time of them having sex.

He groaned and grabbed her under the sheets. Hugging her as she rested her head against his chest.

She traced his scars as the both lay in utter peace. "Mark..." she called out to him.

"Yes sugar?" He asked. Tightening his hold around her tiny waist as he kissed her head.

"Your scars...this one is the deepest of all..Howd you get it?"

He looked into her eyes. "You really wanna know?" She nodded like a baby in his arms.

"Alrighty. I was sokovia. Our man had gone rogue on us. Our only way out was the oppositions helicopter. Me and my partner Gregg were stuck"

Claire hugged him tighter. As though shed realized what was coming next. She heard him. Silent as ever.

"And then this huge bomb went off. And the opposition soldiers blade cut me right through. By the time i managed to pull it out. Gregg was already on the ground. His body on fire. It was the hardest walk away i ever had to do...but he died a hero."

"Oh Mark. Im so sorry." She said. As she kissed his chest., "im lucky i found you after your military days. Im not sure i could handle the stress"

Mark smiled. "Come here. Sleep now. Your safe with me" she nodded. Closing her eyes.

Mark woke up in the middle of the night. Wincing against the freezing cold. He kissed claires head and got up.

Heating his coffee. His eyes fell on mobile. Sighing. He grabbed it. Trying to test himself. He opened his old gallery. Where old pictures of Deborah and Aidan were hidden.

His heart felt light. He covered his mouth with his hand as he scrolled through the pictures. He took a sharp intake of breath. Aa tears slipped from his eyes. How pretty of a family he had...he saw through the pictures. And suddenly his heart felt lighter. He felt free. He felt away from all his troubles. He smiled then.

Weeping in utter joy. He cried. He felt soft hands rest against his head. She was here. "Its alright....let it all out." She whispered to his ears as she hugged him from behind.

____________________

Claire opened her eyes to freshhh smell of pancakes. She sat up. Rubbing her eyes. She was wearing Mark's shirt. She looked around for him.

"Looking for me?" She heard his voice through the door way.

She smiled at him biting her lip. He walked in the door. Wearing his pants only.

"Might wanna brush. Ive got you breakfast in bed Ma'am "

She chuckled. "Ooooh. Someones a morning person" she ran off to the washroom

As Mark flipped the sheets and neatly splay them over the bed as he placed the breakfast tray on the bed. He opened the curtains

He opened the can of her favourite icecream. Putting hersheys chocolate syrup on top of her pancakes. He stood idly.

Claire walked out. "My oh my. Is this real? Or am i in some fairytale."

Mark laughed. Grabbing her by the waist and kissing her. "See...im not that much of a jerk"

She chuckled as she kissed his cheek. "I never said you were oneeee" she spoke in a sing song voice.

Marks cell phone ringed as he picked it up. "Ainsley...yeah. no. Ill be there. The fuck. Alright. Wait up. Let me switch the channel."