chapter 23

Mark stood in the morgue where Mia was now holding the test tube in her hand.

Theyd found the owner of the car soon early that very next morning. And claire had demanded to meet bonnie. Hed left her with jolene.

Ainsley was staring at the body as Mia started talking. "The six burnt bodies? They were given fentanyl. And its really hard to find out any other thing from them considering the bodies are not to be examined."

Mark nodded. As Ainsley asked. "So theres not much input im guessing?"

Mia laughed. Putting her red hair behind her ear. She smugly smiled. "The medical examiner who was incharge of the previous six bodies sent me a picture of something she found on the bodies which she found odd. She was taking it pretty casually. But i knew something was wrong. So i especially asked for a particular thing. And guess what?"

Mia asked fascinated with her own words. "The curled q? It was on all the bodies wasnt it?" Marks cold words left his mouth and he clenched his fist.

Mia's mouth left agape. She nodded. Ainsley grabbed Mark's shoulder. As Mia splayed the pictures infront of them.

On every unburnt body part was a curled q. Mark closed his eyes when he saw a curled q on a hand with a bracelet he well remembered.

He shut himself off. As his cold gaze looked at the q. "We gotta know what this fucking q means."

"Good job Mia. Let us know for something else" Mia sadly nodded as her eyes sat on the furious Mark who walked out her morgue.

Mark sat in his drivers seat as Ainsely slipped in. "That was tough. So. Now we know the murders are connected. So. Now you wanna go check the owner of the car out?...we'll look for this q anywhere we can find yeah?"

Mark nodded. "Hop in." Ainsley sighed. Cause she knew Mark was fucked for the day and nothing was gonna change that.

____________________________

Claire sat next to Maria. Still in recovery. But for someone who was in a hospital bed. She was very cheery. Bonnie sat next to Maria on her bed.

"I honestly was so worried. I mean. The detective wont let me pass through the walls. Ugh. But im glad he made sure to call me to tell me your fine. The mans got manners. Gotta give him that. Plus. Whats that glow on your face?"

Claire rolled her eyes. And laughed. "I dont see nothing." Bonnie chimed in. "Maybe its Mr detective"

Claire let out a louder laugh. "Whatttt?...oh come on. Hes just working. And im almost a wanted victim. So theres nothing like that."

Maria smirked. "Ahan? You better not be lying girl." Claire smacked Maria's head. "Your supposed to be a patient. Your supposed to be in trauma. Not give people trauma. You idiot. Plus. Please. Stop spoiling bonnie."

Maria laughed. "She was already a spoilt kid. Thats what makes her special. She just like me my baby girl." Claire narrowed her eyes at bonnie who now tried to hide behind Maria.

"She is a good kid. And she knows that. So what now. Bonnie's mother has got more powerful proofs. So whats your play now?"

Maria huffed. "That bitch aint gon take this baby no where near that drunkard. I have no plan yet. But considering Bonnie's  lawyer is hospitalized. You know ive got plenty time to run every evidence against her."

"Thats actually good.i know you wont mess it up. But make sure..."

"It doesnt affect bonnie. I know claire. The kids stronger than you think. Aint you sweetheart?" Maria asked bonnie. Pulling bonnie in a hug.