Chapter 2

Bailey Mcglennon's P.O.V

Was it possible I had a twin? Was it possible someone out there looked just like me? No, that was crazy. I'm pretty sure I would know if I had a twin sister.

It's Friday morning and I'm getting ready for school.

Today is a special day. It's October 3, A.K.A my birthday.

I just finished getting dressed when my mom bursts into the room holding a cake with fifteen brightly lit candles on it.

"Happy birthday sweetie," my mom says, kissing my forehead.

"Thanks mom," I say, blowing out the candles.

She sets the cake on my desk and I swipe my finger along the icing, licking it off my finger.

I sling my bag over my shoulder, leaving my room and heading for school.

***

"Happy birthday!" I turn and William is hurtling toward me. He wraps me in a hug.

I laugh. "Thanks," I say.

"So I was thinking after school you could come over and we could have a little birthday celebration," William says.

"Sorry, can't my mom wants me home right after school," I tell him.

"Alright," he says.

He hugs me one more time and we part ways to go to class.

Deanna Slotegraaf's P.O.V

October 3. My birthday. Time to mess around.

I'm walking over to William as I see them part ways.

"Hi," I say, "My name is Deanna. "

"Um I'm William," he says.

"So I heard it was Bailey's birthday and I have a card for her, could you give it to her for me?"

He looks over his shoulder. "Sure," he says.

I watch as he runs back over to Bailey.

I pick up a stone just big enough to make him stumble. I aim and throw it. It hits him square in the back.

He trips and runs into Bailey. He tries to catch her but is too slow and she falls face first into a mud puddle.

I try to hide the smirk on my face.

"What the hell William!?" she shrieks.

"B-bailey, I'm so sorry!" he stutters, "this girl wanted me to give you a card, b-but I tripped!"

The card is now on the ground covered in mud.

"Well thanks a lot!" She runs off into the school. People continue laughing.

William chases after her shouting, "Bailey!"

A grin spreads across my face and I start laughing. This is too good.

I walk into the school and see William try to explain what happened to Bailey.

I walk towards them and I bump into Bailey, pushing her into William. She doesn't notice it was me. The two of them tumble to the ground.

"I'm so sorry!" Bailey says as she lands on top of William.

"It's alright if it makes you feel better," William says.

"I-I didn't-someone-" Bailey stutters but William cuts her off.

"It's okay," he says.

Bailey climbs off of William and helps him stand up.

Boy was today gonna be hell for her.