Chapter 16

Bailey Mcglennon's P.O.V.

The noise was terrible... watching her writhe around in pain was even worse.

"Jason! You're killing her!" I shout over the noise.

"No, I'm not! I can feel it working!" Jason shouts back, struggling to concentrate.

All of a sudden the shrieking stops and Deanna goes limp.

"Jason! You killed her!" I shriek.

At the same time I say that her eyes fly open and glow red. She slowly sits up and her glare turns toward Jason.

At lightning speed Deanna runs toward Jason and wraps her hand around his neck, pushing him against the wall.

"You! You did this! It's your fault!" she growls.

"D-deanna, r-relax!" Jason scrambles frantically to get her hand from around his throat.

"I should have died! My time was up!" she shrieks.

"Deanna! Stop!" Justin rips Deanna off of Jason and he gasps for air.

"Justin... what's wrong with her?" I ask.

"I... I don't know..." Justin says, still struggling to hold her down.

"Jason!" I turn to Jason, "What did you do?!" 

"I don't know... I...I guess since she didn't drink the blood of an Original to heal she must not have healed properly..." Jason says.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" I shriek.\

"I didn't know!" he replies.

"It's your fault! It's your fault!" Deanna continues to shriek.

We were screwed.

Deanna Slotegraaf's P.O.V.

I should be dead... but I wasn't...Jason saved me...

I was happy I didn't die... but I couldn't help looking at Jason with cold, hard, hatred.

My voice sounded different too. It was deeper, darker. My eyes continued to glow crimson red. My body changed too... I had better curves and my skin was a sickly, white, pale colour.

"It's your fault! It's your fault!" I keep shrieking over and over again. What was his fault? I didn't know exactly.

"What the hell is going on in here?!" my mom comes running into the room.

"Um... I don't think you want to see this..." Bailey says.

"Deanna! What happened to your eyes?!" my mother asks.

I turn away. "Don't look at me," I growl.

With that I book it out the door.

"Deanna! Wait!" Bailey calls.

"Stop!" Jason says.

"We can help you!" Justin says.

Running away wasn't the best option though because as soon as I found the streets I lured a young boy away and killed him.

I stumble away, leaving the dead boy's body behind... Blood was dripping down my chin...

What was wrong with me? What have I become?

I was a monstor.