Chapter 14

Bailey Mcglennon's P.O.V.

I watched and waited until I heard the first screams.

I clumsily grabbed my stake and at the same time William, Justin, Jason and I charged out of the trees.

I can tell we've taken him by surprise because he yanks away from Deanna, looking at all of us confused. I watch Deanna's blood drip down his chin.

"So I've been set up huh? That wasn't very nice love," Marcus says to Deanna.

I look over at Deanna and her face is pale and blood still flows freely from her neck. She brings a shaky hand to her neck.

"Let's end this Marcus," Justin says.

End what?

"Ah, Justin, nice to see you again mate," Marcus says.

Wait... again?!

Jason, William and I turn to him.

"You mean he didn't tell you?" Marcus asks.

"T-tell us what?" Deanna asks, her voice sounding hoarse.

"Your buddy Justin here is an Original vampire," Marcus tells us.

I look over at Justin.

"Don't believe him! He's messing with your head!" Justin says.

"So you want us to kill all the Original vampires, does that mean you want us to kill you too?" I ask.

"Well no but-" I hold up a hand, cutting him off.

"But you're an Original Vampire, you're just as dangerous as the rest of them," I say calmly.

"Bailey, I-" I hold up a hand again.

"Bailey, you can-can't kill h-him," Deanna stutters.

"And why not?" I ask.

"I know Justin, he's been my best friend since I can remember... he wouldn't hurt a fly... please don't kill him..." Deanna whispers.

I look from Justin to Deanna to Marcus.

"Kill him," I say, aiming my words at Marcus.

Deanna Slotegraaf's P.O.V.

Justin, my best friend Justin, was an Original vampire. He was one of the first vampires on earth... He never told me...

He wanted us to kills all the Original vampires. Does that mean he wants us to kill him too?

I watched as everyone fought. 

My hand was still at my neck covered in blood. The blood was flowing freely. Why wouldn't it stop?!

I was feeling light headed. I've been been by two vampires. I've lost a lot of blood. But why weren't my vampire healing powers kicking in?

I lean against a tree and my knees buckle.

Justin is immediately at my side.

"Hang in there, Dee..." he whispers.

I watch as William turns into a wolf and lunges at Marcus. He latches down on Marcus' arm. Marcus lets out a yelp and flings William off and at a tree. William whimpers. Poor William, he's been getting flung all over the place....

Bailey aims the bow with the white oak arrows. She takes her shot and Marcus collapses. He stiffens and I watch as his body begins decaying.

"Wow... you killed him..." Jason says.

"Don't act so surprised," Bailey says.

The corner of my vision starts to blacken. I let my head fall forward.

I'm a vampire! Why wasn't I healing!?

"Justin... what's wrong with her...?" Bailey asks.

"Marcus is a hybrid... a werewolf and a vampire... a werewolf bite kills a vampire..." Justin says.