lost in the woods part 3

AN: last part! blood warning I guess, but I don't think its that bad. Sorry for posting this at early o'clock in the morning, I just didn't sleep.

Mumbo, Tango, Zedaph and I waited for what seemed like forever. It was impossibly silent in Stress' waiting room. I took Mumbo's hand in mine and sighed. We were all so worried. It seemed like the whole town was holding its breath. Stress came back into the room. She had no expression. "Tango, Zedaph, Impulse can see you now." She said quietly. Mumbo and I exchanged a worried glance. "Don't worry you two, Grian is stable, but his hand, I don't think I can save it. He gave consent to amputate. When the procedure is done, I can let you in." I released a breath I didn't know I was holding as relief washed over the two of us. Grian is going to be ok. I thought. After about an hour Stress let us in. "Mumby! Iskall! C'mere c'mere c'mere!" We walked over to him and kneeled down so that we were at eye level with him. "We were so worried and scared, Grian." Mumbo said. I nodded."what happened?" I asked. His expression changed from happy to a bit scared. "It's ok if you don't wanna talk about it" I said and took his hand. "No, no I will." He said slowly. "Impulse and I were in the forest to collect some flowers for the hippie campground." He said with dread. "We had been out there for a little bit when we saw this shadow following us." I started to realise what happened. "Everything happened so fast. I turned around,  he was right there, staring me down. We tried to fly away but he grabbed my elytra and cut them to pieces with his sword. Impulse had run out of rockets and was too late to run away and the guy attacked us. We didn't think to bring any equipment, so we were pretty much defenseless. He got us really bad, Impulse saw the worst of it, the guys stabbed him..." He had started breathing fahester. Mumbo put a hand on his good shoulder. "He grabbed my hand." Grian looked down at his amputated wrist. "He started with my pinky and made his way through all of them." Grian was looking very scared. "Hun, it's ok. You don't have to tell any more." I reassured him. Stress came in the room with a grim face. We could hear sounds of unimaginable grief in the room next to us. "Impulse…" Grian started but couldn't finish. "He isn't doing well." Stress finally said. "It's not looking like he is going to make it." We could see that it pained Stress to say this. After a while we stepped quietly into the dark room, and Stress wheeled Grian in. Tango and Zedaph held Impulse's hands and each other as tears of pain and grief poured out of them. There was a faint beeping in the background. Mumbo tentatively walked over to his friend. "Hey Zed." He said and put a hand on his shoulder. Zedaph stood up and gave Mumbo a big hug. "Thank you… for finding him" Zedaph said weakly, and Stress wheeled Grian over to Impulse. "Hi buddy." Grian said quietly. "Hulo" Impulse whispered. I stayed behind. I didn't really know what to say. What do you say to someone, who's boyfriend is dying? We left soon after to give the three of them some space. But we knew when it was time for Impulse to go. There was a long and dragged out cry heard from the other room. And Grian started to cry as well. He and Impulse were good friends. And it was hard on the whole town.

Impulse's funeral was about a week later.

It seemed like the whole town was hurting. Tengo and Zedaph said a few words, Grian said something too. The funeral was short and simple. Only for close friends and family. Tango, Zedaph, Iskall and I lowered him down into the ground. We stood back as Tango and Zedaph threw some dirt into the ground. We then slowly shoveled it all in. Iskall and I said goodbye and left them so they could say goodbye to their boyfriend. Grian was still crying when we got home. Oliver came up and licked his face. And Grian pet him, still crying. He followed us into our room, and lay down on the bed with us as Iskall and I pressed up against our husband. Oliver put his head in Grian's lap and gave him a sad look. "You're a good dog Olie" Iskall said quietly. And a comfortable silence fell over the three of us.

AN: this got sad quick, I am working on the list of headcannons regarding this story, you will probably get them today, but there is a chance something crazy happens and I cant write till tomorrow. So tune in for that. Peace.