Chapter 20

Aditya slams the bedroom door shut and collapsed on the floor. Tears rolls down his face. Arjun swings the door open and comes rushing towards him.

Arjun: Bhai...bhai kya hua...( Arjun sits beside him on the floor)

Aditya: Sab barbaad hogaya, sab khatam hogaya Arjun. ( He hugs Arjun and sobs at his chest)

Arjun: Bhai kuch khatam nahi hua...mein karta hu na baat Zoya se.

Aditya: Wo nahi maanegi...meine bohot kuch kaha usse Arjun.

Arjun: Bhai Mana lenge hum. Mein kal subhe jaake baat kar lunga usse. Aap ye Priyanka ka matter pehle close karo.

Aditya: Promise..

Arjun: Bhai wala, promise.

Zoya stands holding back her tears

.
.
Zoya stands holding back her tears. She turns to Vyom and hugs him tightly as if it's the last time she is hugging him. She pulls away from the hug slowly

Zoya: Aap ghar jaayiye abhi...hum bhi chalte hai.

Vyom: Zoy-

Zoya: Please Vyom..Please.

Vyom: (sighs) Thik hai. But call me when you need me OK.

She nods and Vyom kisses her forehead and lets her go. She walks inside the building and when she is out of sight, he starts the engine of hus bike and drives away. Zoya reaches up the floor. She wipes her face properly before  ringing the bell. Ayesha opens up. Zoya walks past her, avoiding her gaze. And keeps her voice neutral

Zoya: Maa hum bahar se kha ke aaye hai Vyom ke saath toh khana nahi khayenge.

Ayesha: Arey Zoya pehle bata deti.

Zoya: Sorry maa...she walks in her bedroom and curls up on the bed crying.
.
.
.
.
Next morning, Ayesha knocks on her bedroom. But no answer. Then she swings the door open, but was Zoya wasn't in the room. She checks the bathroom, guest room. Then again she walks in her bedroom and calls Vyom.

Vyom: Hello...aunty...itni subhe kaise yaad kiya mujhe.

Ayesha: Beta Zoya tumhare saath hai kya.

Vyom: Nahi..ky..kya hua aunty. (Suddenly panics)

Ayesha: Beta wo gharpe nahi hai kahi. Uska phone bhi yahi hai.

Vyom: Aunty aap tension mat lijiye mein abhi ata hu..

He hungs up and runs towards his bike and starts the engine. Ayesha sits on her bed tensed then suddenly she saw a note on Zoya's dresser. She takes the note and walks in living room and starts to read.

After 15 mins Vyom reached, he was shocked to see door was unlocked. When he steps inside, he saw Ayesha was on floor crying. He collapsed in front of her.

Vyom: Aap ro kyu rahi hai...kya hua. Aunty please boliy- (Then he saw the note in her hand. He takes it and read)

Dear Mum

Maaf kijiye humein, ki aise bata rahe hai apko. Par kya Kare, karna Pada. Maa hum yaha se jaa rahe hai. India ke bahar hi rahenge.  Kaha ye toh nahi bata sakte apko. Par hum thik honge aap chinta mat karna hamari. Hum aapse kuch dino mein baat karenge. Maa please maaf karna humien. Jaana jaroori tha...yaha rehte toh barbaad hojaate aur aur tut jaate. Vyom se bhi kehna ki maaf Kare humeim, aur khayal rakhe apna. Aur Aditya.... Jaane dijiye usse.

Yours Zoya

Vyom didn't realize he was crying. Vyom sat there mindlessly. He was blank. He doesn't know what to think. He consoles Ayesha.

Arjun: Aunty Vyom aapko kya hua.

(Arjun rushes inside sitting beside them. Vyom wordlessly gives him the note. Three of them sits shaking trembling with tears.  Arjun then after long time gets up and starts to walk out of the house)

Vyom: Arjun..

Arjun: Hmm (stops and looks behind his shoulder)

Vyom: Tere bhai ko kehna mere saamne naa aaye warna jaan le lunga mein uski.

( Arjun walks out without a words. He rings the bell of his house. Tensed overly excited Aditya opens the door and drags him inside.)

Aditya: Kya hua...kya kaha usne.

He stays silent

Aditya: Bolna chote..kya hua...Zoya maan gayi na

Still he remains silent

Aditya: Are bolna yaar maaf ki-

Arjun: Nahi nahi...chali gayi sunna aapne chali gayi ( he yells)

Anjana: Ye kya tareeka hai apne bhai se baat karne ka Arjun.

Aditya: Kya majak kar ra-

Arjun: Chali gayi Zoya bhai. Sab galti aapki hai. Wo chali gayi yaha se Hum sabko chodhkar sirf apki wajah se. Ab khush hona aap..aur Maa ap bhi na. Jaao jaao aaj engagement hai apki Priyanka ke saath. Jao tayariya karo aap. 

( Arjun storms in his bedroom, leaving Aditya shocked as hell. Aditya ignores whatever his mother is saying.  He wordlessly walks in his bedroom closing the door with soft tud. He sits on the floor blank. Remembering Zoya and her words)

Hum dua karenge Aditya ki aap hamesha khush rahe.

Then he screams her name.

Vyom walks in Zoya's bedroom and looks around, remembering her smile.

Agar aap nahi hote toh kya hota humara.

Vyom: Agar tum nahi ho toh mera kya hoga Zoya.

( He sobs there)