Chapter 17

The flight was nearly 10 hrs long. Zoya was sleeping resting her head on Vyom's shoulder. They were soo comfortable as if this was the most normal thing for them to do. The next day they got off from the flight and drove at Vyom's house first. They saw his dad in living room.

Vyom'dad: Hey son.

Vyom: Dad!! (They hugs each other)

Vyom's dad: Congratulations!!!(he patted Vyom on his back. Then turns his attention to Zoya who instantly came forward and touched  feets)
Stay blessed and congratulations. I knew you both wouldn't disappoint me.

Zoya: Thank you sir for believing in me.

Vyom's Dad: You deserve it. Please join Vyom for the breakfast. ( Before she could say anyting, Vyom says-

Vyom: Wo Dad, actually Zoya ke momma ne invite kiya hai mujhe aaj breakfast ke liye.  ( Zoya gives him a disbelieving look)

Vyom's dad: Oh...ok. Carry on then. I am heading to meeting. ( He hugs Vyom and patted Zoya and walks out of the room. As soon as he is out of the sight Zoya turns her attention to Vyom glaring at him)

Vyom: What?!

Zoya: Kab bulaya hamari momma ne apko.

Vyom: Hamara plan bana kal hi.

Zoya: Aur aap humein kab batane wale the.

Vyom: Aur mein tumhe kyu batata.

Zoya: Ugh....(She storms out, walking towards his car. Vyom smiled at her irritated face and held the door open for her)

Vyom: After you.

(Zoya rolls her eyes and slides inside. Vyoms climbs in driver seat. They drives in comfortable silence. They reached at the building where she lives. They waits for the lift)

Watchman: Zoya...beta aagayi aap paris se...

Zoya: (Her face instantly lits up as hshe touches his feets)  Ji aagaye hum. Yaad kar rahe the naa aap humein.

Watchman: Haa beta aap nahi thi toh itni shaanti thi building mein. Acha nahi lag raha tha.

Zoya: Abhi abhi aye hai thodi energy ajaaye fir hungama shuru karte hai.

Watchman: (He chuckes) Lift kharab hai aapko sidhiyon se jaana hoga.

Zoya: kyaa ( She screams as if just got a news that ice cream has been banned. She looks at Vyom with horror expression and Vyom just laughs.)

Watchman: Aap jao upar mein samaan bhijwata hu. Dekha meine news channel, akhbaar mein bhi hai tumhari tasveer.

Zoya nods and starts climbing. Vyom follows her closely. When they reaches first floor Zoya sits down on the stairs

Vyom: Maddam ji upar, seventh floor nahi aya ab tak. (He says laughing)

Zoya: Humare pair dukh rahe hai. (She whines like five year old)

Vyom: Kaha tha na meine heels mat pehno Zoya. (He helds his hand out for her. Zoya takes it and stands. She starts to turn but Vyom instantly scoops up in bridal style)

Zoya: Vyom!! (She was caught off guard and instinctively her hands get wraps around his neck)

Vyom: Itna toh kar hi sakta hoon mein aapke liye...

(Zoya smiles. She is too tired to protest. They gets on the 5th floor and then just he comes down. Vyom carrying Zoya and Aditya with his phone comes face to face. Zoya saw him and brightens up, Aditya eyes flickered from vyom to his hands holding her, then he takes in the Zoya's arms around his neck. He clenches his jaw. Vyom drop slowly overly excited and cheerful Zoya.  down.

Zoya: Adi.... (she was about to throw herself on him, but Aditya turns on his heels and walks the way up taking two steps at a time. Zoya was so shocked to react. She looks back at Vyom then starts to run upstairs)

Vyom: Zoya araamse...(he runs behind her. Zoya reaches up at seventh floor and breathlessly rings the bell. When no one answers she yells)

Zoya: Aditya...bacho jaisi harqaate band kijiye. Darwaaza kholiye.

( She pounds loudly. Then Arjun opens the door, she walk past him inside the house ignoring Arjun and Vyom who are trying to stop her. She even ignores Anjana.)

Zoya: Aditya kaha hai...(she yells)  Aditya Aditya...

( Then she hears the crashing sound. She runs towards Aditya's bedroom. The door was open and there stood Aditya breaking down all the things came in his hands. Zoya carefully walks inside avoiding the pieces of glasses )

Zoya: Aditya..Aditya pagal ho gaye hai kya aap

(Ignoring her Aditya continues to break things. Zoya puts her hand on his shoulder and Aditya shrugs it off with force as if her touch burns him. He stares Zoya with soo much hatred that Zoya couldn't utter a word. He storms out of the room. Zoya follows him out where everyone Vyom, Priyanka, Arjun and Anjana stood. She runs and stands in front of Aditya blocking his way.)

Aditya: Mere raaste se hatto Zoya
(His voice was soo venomous that Zoya couldn't recognize it.)

Zoya: Nahi (trembling)  Apko baat karni hogi humse.

( Aditya couldn't take it anymore and pushes her aside forcefully. Before she could hit the floor, Vyom wraps his hand around her waist and pulls her up, holding her in place. Vyom gets his temper out of control and he launches himself on Aditya and grabbing his collar)

Aditya: Saale Teri himmat kaise hui usse haath lagaane ki.

(Aditya hands balls in fist as he do nothing just glares Vyom in eyes,  Vyom glares him back.  Arjun, Zoya Priyanka pulls them apart.)

Zoya: Aditya ho kya gaya hai apko!!?? (she screams)

Aditya stays quiet for a moment, then burst into laughter. Everyone stares at him in disbelief. He slow claps and walks towards Zoya coming closer to her.

 He slow claps and walks towards Zoya coming closer to her

Aditya: Tumhare ashique ko toh bura lag gaya...(He laughs ) dekh raha hai Arjun...inhe...haaye kitne pyaare hai na dono.

Zoya: Kya bakwaas kar rahe hai aap  Aditya. Ho kya gaya hai apko. (she screams crying)

Aditya: Kya Zoya..bura kyu maan rahi ho.  'Best friend'  hoon na tumhara. Bata sakti ho tum mujhe ki.. Ye tumahara Romeo hai, tum Paris mein Kya kar rahi thi iske saath, kitni baar kiss kiya aur kitni baar...( he lowers his head to meet her eyes)  aur kitni baar iske saath so chuki ho.

(Multiple gasps was heard, before Vyom could punch him, Zoya slaps Aditya hard.  Soo hard that the sound echoed and silence spreads through out the room.)