Travis

AN- Took me a while to write this. It was a pretty long chapter.
Enjoy

Nick, Jack, and Judy had finally made it to the Hopps' house and Nick began to get the bags, as Judy left to let her parents know of their arrival.

Jack had went to the back of the car to help Nick in getting everything, which the fox was grateful for," So, what's the plan on this case?" Jack asked.

"I have had a plan forming. We will discuss it in the barn after dinner. This isnt the first time me and Judy have had to work a case while we are out here, and Stu let's us use the barn for brainstorming our moves."

Jack nodded his head and said," Well, knowing you, this plan will go well."

"I hope so," Nick said," We still dont know what the whole reasoning is behind these murders, so that makes me worried about Judy."

Jack chuckled and said," You always worry about her, Nick. Would it be rude if I asked why?"

Nick gave a small smile and said," When I told you Judy had a big heart, I wasnt lying. I ended up hurting her when we first met, and it was a mistake I regret to this day, and I swore I would never hurt her again. This bunny has been by my side through everything, and has never let me down. To be honest with you...she is all I have left. When my mother died about a year ago, Judy was there for me. She didnt leave my side until I felt I could go on. It was in that moment that I knew we were inseparable. If anything were to ever happen to her.....I wouldnt be able to go on. That's why I was a little on edge when you came into the picture, but over time I learned you wouldnt hurt her, and I see you as a good friend."

Jack wore a smile as he said," You love her. Dont you?"

Nick felt like this was a trap question, and he had no idea how to answer it the right way. Thank God, Stud voice was heard," Hey, boys. Alright, Nick you know your normal room, Jack, Judy's room is up the stairs, second door on the right. You two make yourself at home, Bonnie will be done with supper in a moment."

Nick felt relief as he said," Thank you, Stu. We will do so."

Nick was happy when he saw Jacl hadn't pushed the subject no further. The fox almost felt as though he had said too much in answering Jack's question. The two had made their way into the house and Nick went into his normal room he would stay in while at the Hopps' house. Bunked with Karson, Judy's littermates.

"Nick Wilde!" Karson said with a smile," How have you been, my boy?"

"I've been good," Nick said with a chuckle," How are you? I thought you were dating that bunny from the Fruit Stand?"

"Oh, Grace? Yeah, we been going steady for about three months now. We are just taking this slow, and that ok because I'm not ready to buy my own place."

Nick laughed," Yeah, if I was to live her with your mama's cooking, I would leave either."

"Now your getting it," Larson laughed.
###
Jack had Entered the room directed to him by Stu, and he saw Judy laying on the bed, feeling drained," You ok?" Jack asked with a smile.

"Five hours of driving will do this to ya," Judy said.

Jack nodded his head," I guess that's true."

Judy got up from the bed and walked to the bunny," So, Nick told you where we meet tonight?"

"Yeah," Jack said," Me and him had a little conversation outside."

"About what?" Judy asked with a raised brow. She had learned that Nick and Jack could cause a little trouble if they were alone together for too long.