𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞

ben 💕

i'll be there in five
i'm just leaving now x

maggie 🌹

see you in five x

As promised, Ben showed up at Maggie's flat five minutes after he had texted.

Maggie walked out of her flat in a cute summer dress and a pair of converse, once again taking Ben's breath away.

"You look beautiful." The brunette boy finally managed to pull himself together, complimenting the girl that he was taking out before leaning down and kissing her softly.

"Shall we go?" He stuck his muscular arm for her and Maggie took it, a wide smile on her face as she linked her arm with his.

They walked to Ben's car and he drove them out of the city and towards a more coastal area. Maggie sat in the passenger seat, admiring the views. She had lived in Leicester her whole life but she had never ventured far so there were bits of it that she had never seen before.

Ben parked his car right in front of a beach and he got out before helping Maggie out even though she was perfectly capable of doing it herself.

"What do you think?" The brunette boy asked, nervous for her response. He really liked Maggie and he wanted it to be the perfect first date for her.

"A picnic on the beach? Cliché but I like it. It's perfect, thank you Ben." Maggie squeezed his hand to let him know that she really did appreciate it and they walked onto the beach, sand filling their shoes but they didn't care.

They sat down on the picnic blanket that Ben had prepared and Maggie sighed in content, the feeling of the sun's rays beating down on her and finally being happy with someone that she could trust.

Eating the food that Ben and Rebekah had prepared, the two spoke and laughed at each other's jokes for hours until the sun was beginning to set.

"Do you want ice cream? I can just pop in to that shop and get us one." Maggie nodded her head at the idea, loving ice cream. Ben gave her another smile and another kiss before he left her sitting on the sand and went inside the ice cream shop.

As he was ordering their ice creams, thinking back on the date and the girl who was waiting outside for him, he couldn't help but smile but his thoughts were interrupted when an older man approached him.

"Ben Chilwell." The man eyed ben up, giving him a glare which made the brunette boy feel very uncomfortable.

"Who are you?" Ben knew that people were likely to recognise him since he was in the public eye due to his football but it still unsettled him when people knew who he was.

"Trevor Ross. I'm the father of Maggie Montez, the girl that you're currently on a date with." The blood that was running through Ben's veins turned cold as he realised who this man was and what he was capable of. He didn't like how he had followed them here.

"What do you want? Maggie doesn't want to see you." Despite all of his efforts to act tough, Ben still came across as nervous.

"I want you to break my daughter's heart because as long as you're around, she won't want to see me. If you don't, I'll be forced to hurt her. You don't want that, do you Benjamin?" Ben's heart broke at his words. He was given an ultimatum and he knew that he would have to hurt her to protect her from physical harm.

Without getting their ice creams and without hearing whatever else Trevor had to say, the brunette boy left the shop in a hurry.

He ran down to where Maggie was and started to pack up, wanting to get out of there and home as quickly as possible. The longer he was with Maggie, the more he was putting her in danger.

"We need to leave, Maggie. Now." His tone of voice wasn't warm and comforting like it usually was, instead, he was blunt and forceful and Maggie wondered what had happened to make him act like this.

Without saying anything, she helped him pack up everything from their picnic and walked with him to the car.

The drive home was silent and fairly awkward since Maggie didn't know whether or not she should talk. She had never seen ben like this and didn't know how he would react if she started to ask questions.

After an awkward drive, Ben pulled up outside of Maggie's flat building, saying nothing to the brunette girl.

"Ben, what's going on? You know that you can tell me anything." She left her hand on his arm but he immediately shrugged it off, leaving Maggie hurt.

"I just don't like you the way that you like me, Maggie." The words that came out of Ben's mouth were blunt but they still stabbed through Maggie's heart like a knife.

"Are you serious? Please tell me this is some sort of sick joke." The tears in Maggie's eyes were very real and Ben couldn't bring himself to look at her for he knew how much he was hurting her and that hurt him.

"Ben, look at me. Are you serious?" She grabbed his face and forced him to look her in the eyes so that she could test out James' theory. She wanted to see if he really did have a tell.

"I'm serious Maggie. You like me more than I like you so it's better to end things here and protect you than to end things later down the line. It's safer." He was trying to drop hints to her but she wasn't getting them. How was she supposed to know that he had a run in with her dad? He tried desperately to hide his tell because if Maggie saw that he was lying, he could put her in danger and he didn't want that.

"Fuck you. Next time you have an injury, go to Neil because I never want to talk to you again." The tears fell from Maggie's eyes and rolled down her cheeks, her voice breaking as the words left her mouth. All Ben wanted to do was to reach over and wipe away her tears and give her a hug but he couldn't.

She slammed the door shut, walking towards her flat with tears falling down her face. She knew that she shouldn't have trusted him but little did she know that back in the car, Ben was also allowing the tears to fall from his eyes.

He had just hurt the one girl he promised that he would never hurt.

a/n: oops.

sorry everyone, i know how desperate we are for these two to get together but we needed a little extra drama so a big thank you to trevor ross for that addition.

Wattpad is doing my head in at the moment with all these published 'drafts'. again, please just let me know that you can see all the chapters :)

favourite premier league goal?

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x