𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐞

Waking up to a constant beeping noise was never fun when it was an alarm clock but Maggie hated the fact that she couldn't turn off this machine.

She opened her eyes to see none other than Ben Chilwell sitting at the side of the rather uncomfortable hospital bed.

"Ben." She called out, her voice still croaky from the fact that her throat was dry.

"You're awake." The brunette boy lifted his head from looking at the squeaky clean floor and up towards the girl that looked like she had been dragged through a hedge backwards but was still breathtakingly gorgeous.

"Really? I thought I was still asleep but with my eyes open. Duh, of course I'm awake." Maggie couldn't help but roll her eyes, trying to make light of what was a pretty bad situation.

"There she is." Ben laughed as he stood up and leaned over, pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Since your sense of humour is back, I take it that means you're okay?" Ben questioned, his blue eyes meeting hers, hearing a quiet 'yes' come from her lips.

"I'm going to get the doctor and then I'll be right back." As soon as Ben had left, Maggie let out a sigh and stared at the white ceiling. She was so drugged up that she couldn't feel where her dad had stuck a knife in her. Her mind was cloudy but it was the one detail that she could remember as clear as day. That and telling Ben that she trusted him.

"Maggie Montez, good to see that you're awake." A female doctor who didn't look that much older than the patient walked into the hospital room and immediately started poking and prodding the brunette girl, making her feel uncomfortable.

"Well, Miss Montez, your obs are looking good. We'll discharge you so you can go home and I'll give you this leaflet about wound care and dressing changes to take away with you." As irritated as she was by the constant poking and prodding, Maggie thanked the doctor since she knew that she was only doing her job.

"I made Rebekah go to your place and grab some clothes for you." Ben handed her a bag full of her clothes for her to change into once the discharge papers had been signed.

"Also, the police don't want you to go back to your flat since your dad is on bail and knows where you live. They think it would be safer if you stayed somewhere else." Maggie sighed at Ben's news and he watched as her face changed. She became distant and he knew that she was trying to think of a plan B.

"Stop it. I know you're trying to think of a new plan but just stay with me for a few nights. I can help you if you need it and it will put my mind at ease knowing that you're safe." The brunette boy proposed and as reluctant as Maggie was to accept it, she didn't have much energy to fight so she did.

"Fine. I don't know what I would do without you." Ben knew that this was a rare moment of Maggie opening up to him so when she stood up from the hospital bed, he wrapped his arms around her.

The past twenty four hours had been the scariest of Ben's life. He had never come face to face with a hostage situation before. Why would he have seen that before? He was a footballer after all. He really liked Maggie and he was scared that he was going to lose her before he had a chance to make things right between them again. However, he knew how stubborn Maggie was so he knew that whatever happened, she wasn't going down without a fight.

"I'm so glad that you're still here." His deep voice vibrated in his chest and Maggie could feel it as he mumbled into her hair.

"Of course I'm still here. The only place I'm going anytime soon is somewhere tropical and sunny." The smaller girl reassured him, lifting her hand to cup his cheek before leaning up to kiss him softly.

"Trust me, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I'll always be right here." She gave him a smile and he returned it before leaning down and having his lips return to hers.

Once they pulled away for some air, they stayed in each other's arms, enjoying the comfort of the embrace.

"I should really get changed so we can go home." Maggie mumbled into his chest, not wanting to let go of him but knowing that she had to.

"Okay, I'll be outside waiting for you." Before Ben left, he made sure to shut the blinds for her so that nobody would be able to look through and peek as she was getting changed.

When Maggie looked inside the bag, she automatically knew that Rebekah was the one to tell Ben to take her home since the bag was full to the brim of comfy lounge wear. She shook her head and laughed to herself as she thought of Rebekah. The woman would be in her element knowing that Maggie was temporarily moving in with the Leicester number three.

As soon as Maggie was in a tanned coloured jogger and jumper co-ord with her sliders on her feet, she shakily made her way to the door. She was still a bit drowsy from her strong pain medication so when she opened the door, she made sure to grab onto ben for extra support.

"You okay?" He looked at her with concern, wrapping an arm around her waist to try and steady her.

"I'm okay, still a little out of it because of the medicine." She gave him a reassuring smile as her doctor handed her a prescription bag full of the medication that she was currently on.

"Let's go, bubba." Maggie looked up at ben, giving him a smile before they started walking out of the hospital and towards his car.

It had been a strange twenty four hours for Maggie. One minute she wasn't talking to Ben and trying to enjoy a party. The next minute her own father had stabbed her and now she was with ben, as happy as ever because through it all, he had been the one to have her back and try and look after her.

a/n: i'm glad that the drama is over for them (so far ;))

honestly though, ben is the absolute cutest!

premier league player that you think is adorable? not hot cute but aww cute.

enjoy and stay safe!

lots of love, e x