The Elephant Rope

Believe 

                                                                               Believe 

Just one word. But a word that can change your life. Ever heard of the 'Law of Attraction'?.  Well I know what you're gonna say 'The law  of Attraction, huh what is that?'. Well that is something if you use wisely you can really change your life. Now you may be thinking umm why are you saying every now and then that this can change your life or that can. Just be clear. Ok I will be. But first let me tell you a story, that may clear your understanding of what I'll tell you.

This story is called The Elephant Rope,

" A gentleman was walking through an elephant camp, and he spotted that the elephants weren't being kept in cages or held by the use of chains.

All that was holding them back from escaping the camp was a small piece of rope tied to one of their legs. (Feel anything similar?)

As the man gazed upon the elephants he was completely confused as to why the elephants didn't just use their strength to break the rope and escape the camp. They could easily have done so but instead they didn't try to at all. (Maybe because the didn't have the belief that could do it and thus never tried)

Curious and wanting to know the answer he asked a trainer nearby why the elephants were just standing there and never tried to escape. (understand why; investigate)

The trainer replied,

                         'When they were very young and much smaller we used the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it's enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe that they cannot break away. They believe the rope still hold them, so they never try to break free.'

The only reason that the elephants weren't escaping free and escaping from the camp was that over time they adopted the belief that it just wasn't possible."

Huh, that was nice. But let's come back to the topic. What is belief? I'm sure you all know what it really means know. 

Belief (n): an acceptance that something exists especially without proof; trust;faith;confidence.

But how can a six letter word change your life? You see that there are mainly two types of belief. Positive and negative. Now according to my calculations, I think majority of the people have negative beliefs. But you mustn't. A negative belief like the one in the story above can literally destroy you. You see, the elephant had this belief that he will never be able to escape because he is tied merely by a rope that weighs nothing in comparison with him. If we think it like this, on one side the elephant, probably more than 5,000 to 14,000 pounds and on the other side a thin rope weighing just 20 to 28 pounds. What a difference. But that belief of the elephant changed his mind (negatively) and thus he never bothered to try.

But why did the elephant have this belief? Because of the environment he lived in. Because of  the trainers who were holding him back.(A/N: please refer to the first chapter, in which I have told that no matter how much the world tries to hold you back, don't listen to them because if you do those words will enter your mind, become your thoughts and eventually a negative belief and due to that you will never be able to succeed i.e like the elephant let the thought 'I will never be able to break the rope. So I'll just spend the rest of my life here' become a belief)

I would just like to give a tip, no matter how much the world tries to hold you back always continue with the belief  that what you want to achieve is possible. Believing you can become successful is the most important step in actually achieving it.

One more important thing. Sometimes the negativity isn't in the world, it's actually in you. You must be the one to figure it out, get rid of it and start a happy life with a strong belief and a strong desire to succeed.

                'The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it'                         - J.M. Barrie

Just believe 💕

__________________________********************************

Hello everyone, 

Thank you soo much to all those who opened my story and read it. I would love if you could all comment and write if you found it by any way inspiring or motivating. And please give me ideas if you would like the next few chapters to be on any specific topic that you would like to read and improve on. I would love to help 💖💖.I'll try my best to update it more often. Thank you, thelittlestbookelf  ☺️

Note: I mentioned the law of Attraction in this chapter but didn't get the chance to explain it as I wanted to emphasise on the importance of belief. So it will be discussed in detail in the next chapter. 😊