The Butterfly

Struggles

Something we face everynow and then. We all hate them, don't we? But they aren't bad or dreadful as we say them to be. Without struggles in life, we can't succeed. Recently, I saw a story of a caterpiller who turned into a butterfly. That young butterfly was struggling to get out of the cocoon, because it was facing many difficulties i.e changes in its body. But once it finishes facing the difficulties, it is a proper butterfly that can easily fly. But this story is slightly different ( the butterfly does not faces its problems, properly)

"A man found a cocoon of a butterfly.One day a small opening appeared. He sat and watched the butterfly for several hours as it struggled to force its body through that little hole.Until it suddenly stopped making any progress and looked like it was stuck.

                                                                           [Cocoon of a butterfly]

So the man decided to help the butterfly. He took a pair of scissors and snipped off the remaining bit of the cocoon. The butterfly then emerged easily, although it had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings.The man didn't think anything of it and sat there waiting for the wings to enlarge to support the butterfly. But that didn't happen.
The butterfly spent the rest of its life unable to fly, crawling around with tiny wings and a swollen body.Despite the kind heart of the man, he didn't understand that the restricting cocoon and the struggle needed by the butterfly to get itself through the small opening; were God's way of forcing fluid from the body of the butterfly into its wings. To prepare itself for flying once it was out of the cocoon."

So, what do we learn from the simple story above?

The first thing, obviously, struggles are an important part of our life. We cannot get rid of them, no matter how hard we try. These struggles help us to grow as individuals and shape our life's. They model us into something different, hard and strong. The second thing is that, the man in this story did not know what is happening in the cocoon and the importance of it. He did not know how important it is to the wings as well as the whole butterfly. He was kind and from his perspective, what he did was a help. But in reality it ruined the whole procedure happening in the cocoon. Sometimes we experience such situations in our daily life. For example, getting fired from your job because you couldn't make a proper report needed in a meeting . Now what? You are jobless, whereas everyone else around you has a nice, decent job. You need money because of the everyday increase in prices. This is a struggle and definitely not a good one. But I can guarantee you if you face this properly, you are going to turn into a best you. Lets suppose you get a good job, in a few weeks. Now you will work harder than ever to keep it and in the meantime you might discover many of your abilities, good and bad things. You might learn to wake up daily on time and obviously make the best possible report ever. Now your report making skills are probably as high as the sky! Congratulations! You have overcome that difficult part of your life and are now as happy as ever. On the other hand, it may even happen that you could not find a job for probably months, or years. But you must not lose hope and keep on trying, because eventually one day you will find it. Now what if, one of your best friends is on a very high position in her company and decides to give you a job offer. Will you accept it? Sure, why not. I mean everyone would at such a time. But the thing is, do not take it for granted. If you think that, oh, I knew she would help me, well that's good. Now I have a job. Do not. Just don't. Because with this attitude of yours you might even lose the job, you now have. And don't forget to keep on searching for a proper, permanent job. Because it could be possible that your friend, thought you will need a temporary job while you search for a permanent one. And during that job hunt, working hard in your temporary job as a practice to make you perfect for your new one, you will learn many life lessons and other things. And those life lessons are valuable. Don't just forget them after some time, instead actually work on them.

And that is all I wanted to say about struggles. The time when you are facing them is definitely not beautiful but an important part of your life. You must struggle hard in order to succeed. In that struggle, failure also comes. You fail in many parts of your life, but then you mustn't lose hope and should work hard, persevere in order to succeed. The bigger the failure, the bigger the life lesson, the bigger the desire to work hard and eventually the bigger the success.

'Failure should be our teacher, not our undertaker. Failure is delay, not defeat. It is a temporary detour, not a dead end'