Chapter 4

Yeji,

How are you? I saw you on the news! You are going to marry Julia right? I am too happy for the both of you. It is funny on how I could write this letter to you; after leaving you without any words. I am sorry about that, but my action had made us, us right now. I am happy that you are going to graduate and be a lawyer. I hoped to see you in action but not against me.

You know what? I am following my dreams too. For example, last week I went to a bakery shop, Yoo Bakery. I met a sweet lady there. Sometimes I spent my weekend there, learning on how to bake from her. I highly recommend you buy your wedding cake here. Her pastries are the best I have ever tasted!

Well, this shall end my letter. Thank you and sorry for everything Yeji! I am sorry that I couldn't talk to you up till the end. Bye!

Always,

Shin Ryujin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tears crawled down my eyes. My heart aches. I need to find her. She owed me an explanation.

"Yeji! There you are. We have been searching for you like hours." Yuna approached me with a relieved face.

"Hey, did you see your fiancé? Her friends are searching for her. I thought that both of you spent your times together," Chaeryoung added.

"Wait! Why are you crying? Did something had happened?" Yuna quickly sat beside me.

"Chaeryoung, Yuna. I really need to find Ryujin." I sobbed. My eyes are blurry. Streams of tears are flowing on my cheeks. I don't really care on what will both of my friends say to me.

"What? But why?" Yuna flared up.

"Yeah, why? I thought you had accepted everything. You even said that you will try to love Julia as much as you loved Ryujin?" Chaeryoung added. She was enraged with my words.

"Yes, I will love Julia as much as I can. But please, I need to meet her to confirm that she doesn't love me anymore. With that, I will stop thinking about her." I lifted my head to meet both of their eyes.

"Yeji! It has been seven years since she left you! We didn't hear anything from her. I am pretty sure she had moved on from you." Yuna's white face had turned red and I knew that she is really mad at me.

I lifted the letter that Julia handed to me just now. I let both of them to read it.

"Why would she post a letter to me if she didn't love me anymore? There must be something. An explanation for the things behind all of these, at least." I sighed.

"Didn't it is only to congratulate you for your relationship with Julia? It doesn't make sense if you say that she is still loving you." Chaeryoung asked with her skeptical tone.

"I don't know. It is just my hunch. But, I will still try to find her. She really owe me an explanation."

"Then what about Julia?"

"We already talked just now. She did say that if I successfully find Ryujin, I really need to make my decision. To choose between her and Ryujin. I am leaving to find her tomorrow."

"Where will you start? We don't even know where she is at the moment." Yuna tried to stop me.

"Guys. It says here that there is only one Yoo Bakery in Korea. It is in Busan. That is a five-hour-drive from here." Chaeryoung showed us her phone.

"I am taking my chances. I am going tomorrow. I will start there. Maybe the owner of the bakery knows where I can find Ryujin."

"Then I am going with you." Yuna volunteered.

"You don't have to. Your works will be piling up on your desk."

"If it worth your happiness, why not?"

"That is right, Yuna. I'm in." Chaeryoung added.

"But.."

"It is okay, Yeji. You will need help along the way. We will find her but once we did it, promise to us that you will make your decision as soon as possible. After all, Julia is still our friend."

"Alright, I will."

"Then let's meet up at your place tomorrow morning. I will bring my car." Chaeryoung concluded while pointing at me, indicating that we will meet up at my place.

I nodded with a relief. I am really glad that both of them did not oppose my decision to find her.

Once I got home, I packed my things and getting ready for tomorrow's journey. 'Ryujin, wait for me. I am coming for you. Just please, don't run again. You have done enough in hurting me.'