Chapter 20

Chaeyoung pressed the doorbell for a few times but they got no answers.

"This spare key comes in handy sometimes. I guess she is at her backyard, either dancing or taking care of her flowers." Chaeyoung said while opening the gate with a key that she brought together.

"I guess it is better for Yeji to go directly at the backyard. We can wait for her here." Chaeyoung added while pointing at the small path that is located by the side of the house.

"Yes, Yeji. We will wait for you here. You need your own time with her." Chaeryoung agreed with Chaeyoung's suggestion.

"I agreed with it. Go find your love, Yeddeong!" Yuna shouted and with that, she earned a glare from Chaeyoung.

"HAHAHAH you should see your chickened face, Yuna!" Chaeyoung exclaimed while putting her arm around Yuna. Chaeryoung then walked beside Yuna and hugged her waist. Jealousy is in the air.

"What are you waiting for? Go ahead, before it is too late." The couple said while motioning their hands towards the small path.

"But.."

"Hey Yeji. What are you afraid of? We have been here and there for almost a week in finding your Ryuddaeng. Thanks to her letters, or else I think we will be spending the entire year to finally came here." Yuna facepalmed herself.

"No more running away, Yeji. You are the one who said that you need the closure. Just go. We will say hi later after the two of you are done talking, okay? We will wait for you here. Go and get her, Yeji. Let's get it!" Chaeryoung pushed Yeji away, asking her to speed up her pace.

Yeji walks towards the backyard with a racing heart. She felt like her heart is going to explode if she consume more time in walking there and thus, she is walking hurriedly towards the destination that is just at the back of the house.

Once she entered the backyard, she averted her gaze here and there, searching for a certain person with a whisker-like dimples on her goddess-like face. Unfortunately, she couldn't see anybody there. The backyard is empty. The only thing she could see is a really spacious backyard with a garden on its right, and a small stage at its centre.

"You are really something else, Ryuddaeng." Yeji said while smiling.

Suddenly, a cat came running towards her and brushed its body with Yeji's leg.

"Oh my god, Byullie! I missed you so much!" Yeji kneeled on the ground before lifting up Byullie, who is licking its fur.

"Have you been good to Ryuddaeng, Byullie? Are you happy with her? I heard that you already got a friend. Where is your Dallie, cutesy?" Yeji played with the cat while brushing their nose.

"Byullie? Where are you? I won't let you play with Dallie if you keep running away."

'Ryujin? It has been years since I heard her voice, but I am pretty sure that voice is belonged to her.'

"Byullie! I am not going to give you any treats." The voice added.

The cat then hopped off Yeji's hands and ran towards Yeji's back.

"Who are you, miss? Is there anything that I may help you? How can you come here? I am sure that I have locked my fence just now." The owner of the voice asked with a slightly worried tone.

Yeji slowly turned to her back and lifted her head, facing the house's owner.

The owner was stunned with disbelief in her eyes.

"H-hi, Ryujin." Yeji stuttered in uttering her words as she was choked.

Ryujin didn't say a word. She was totally stunned and couldn't do anything as Yeji made her way to her through the path that separated the garden and the small stage.