Chapter 27

As I made my way to her, I am thinking really hard on what I should say. Should I say I am sorry for leaving her alone, fighting for us for such a long time? Should I say that I am not getting married anymore? Or should just ask her to marry me right away? I couldn't find the right words to tell her.

I have made up my mind. I will just say whatever comes to my mind once I saw her.

I arrived in front of the Son's Boutique, but the gate was closed. The Sons were maybe not in their home right now. I parked my car right across their gate and started walking up to Ryujin's house. It was almost sunset when I arrived. The sky is getting dark.

I ran the doorbell for a few times, but no one answered me. Is she in her backyard? Just as I decided to wait for a few more minutes before ringing the bell again, someone opened the door. I saw Byullie was running towards the gate. An older guy then came out of the house.

"May I help you, miss?" the old guy asked me politely.

"I am actually looking for Ryujin. Oh, by the way, my name is Yeji."

"Ah, Yeji. Please come in." he opened the gate and let me in.

"I am Park Jin Young. I am her gardener."

"Nice to meet you, Mr Park. Is she in her backyard?"

"No. No. She left the house this morning with some bags. That is why I am here. I was asked to take care of her house when she is not around."

"Did she mention anything?"

"I am sorry, but the only thing that she said was she will be away for quite a long time."

"Oh, alright then."

"Why don't you give her a call?"

'She had blocked my number.'

"I only have her old number."

He suddenly gave Ryujin's number to me. Most shockingly, the number is different from what I have saved before.

"Can I make the call at the backyard?"

"Sure. But, it is going to rain soon. Don't get yourself wet. I will be inside if you need me."

I walked to the backyard with Byullie. I tried to call her, but the number was out of reach. Did she left Korea already? Is she going to USA with her mother yesterday? I tried to call her a few other times before I gave up.

I was late again. I sighed and sat down on the bench under the tree, the same spot where we sit together a month ago. I stared into the sea, and again, reminisced the moments that were shared together with her, either as a couple, or as an ITZY member. The memories will be forever in my head. There is no probability that I could forget those sweet and memorable things.

Dallie joined Byullie to give me a company at the backyard. They were chasing with each other when suddenly Dallie bumped into a pile of stones under the tree above me, revealing a bottle that was put there.

Quickly, I stood up and reached for the bottle. I opened it and found a letter. I sat back on the bench and started to open the rolled paper.

--------------------------

Yeddeong,

You are the nicest person I have ever met I love how you made everything looks easy. I love how you made my life worth living, how you made every time I spent with you become a very precious memory, how I found a new meaning in life through you.

Yeddeong I am sorry if I had messed up your life. You have wasted your time just to find me. However, when you did it, succeeding in finding me, I pushed you away. I rejected you, together with your efforts in finding me.

I know that I have already said to you that I am not going to write any letters to you. But, after you came here yesterday, I thought of writing another one.

I am going to bury my regrets along with my feelings for you. Yeddeong, thank you for looking for me. I am sorry that we couldn't end up together. A lot of people are against it. And I don't have the heart to break Lia's heart. She is someone who is so dear to me.

That is all, Yeddeong. Goodbye.

With love,

Ryuddaeng

------------------------------------

I started to cry after finished reading her letter. Maybe I will always be late when it comes to you, Ryuddaeng. I am really sorry for taking until seven years just to find you, when the answer was right in front of my eyes.

I closed my eyes and rested my head on the bench. The rain have started to pour. I don't even care about anything right now. I am not going to see her anymore. She have already started her journey to move on from me. And may be, she is already in the USA, together with her family, trying to start a new life.

'I am not going to forget you, Ryuddaeng.'

-----------------------

A/n: This story is finally going to an end in two or three chapters more. Thank you for spending your time in reading this. I really appreciate it and no words could describe it (cliche, but that is how i felt).