sᴇᴠᴇɴ: arrival

"My mascara's to expensive to ruin it by crying, but just know I would cry if I could

"My mascara's to expensive to ruin it by crying, but just know I would cry if I could."
_____
"I wonder how the symposium will go," Haru mumbled to himself out loud. He had realized what was going on only a few minutes ago.

"I mean... it's probably going to be boring. It's just a conference with a bunch of other detectives," I stared out the window, already not looking forward to a meeting. No one else spoke for awhile. The three detectives realized this would be the longest they were all together without handling a case.

The plane ride was four hours long, and only an hour had passed.

"Y/N, remember how your brother dragged you to dinner with Isezaki? How do they know each other?" Haru looked back at me, who sighed loudly.

"To be honest, I don't know how they know each other. I just hope my brother doesn't figure out I'm part of the people who got his friend arrested," I gulped slightly, unsure of how my brother would react if he was to find out.

"Brother? I didn't know you had one," Daisuke spoke for the first time since they got on the plane, but even while speaking he didn't make eye contact.

"Well, you never asked. His name's Hikaru L/N, he's a businessman in South Korea," I gave a brief explanation about him, but I didn't see how Daisuke's eyes widened slightly.

"I've heard about him, not necessarily good things though," he told me truthfully.

"Understandable, he isn't the greatest person," I shrugged, and when Daisuke didn't say anything, I assumed the conversation was over.

I looked out the window once again, noticing my eyelids becoming heavy. I fought back for a few minutes before finally letting herself get some rest.
_____
"So let me get this straight, Isezaki got arrested and can't find a way out of going to prison?" the businessman spoke into the phone in disbelief. He wasn't mad that his friend was arrested, no, he was actually quite happy.

He had only used Isezaki to get closer to the more important people.

"You heard me. You would've gotten arrested too if he chose to rat you out," one of Isezaki's other friends told the businessman.

"I don't think he'll rat me out, we're friends after all," Hikaru glanced over to his underling who was tied to a chair and covered in blood.

The man struggled in an attempt to get free, only to fail miserably. When Hikaru heard his sister was going to Hong Kong, he was ecstatic.

Oh, how he loved some drama.
_____
"Y/N, wake up. The plane landed," Haru carefully shook me out of my sleeping state. My eyes snapped open and I nearly punched Haru, not used to others waking me up.

"Haru! Crap, sorry," I looked down in embarrassment, feeling guilty for nearly hurting my friend.

"It's fine. Let's get going," I got up out of my seat, and Haru and I went out of the plane.

Daisuke stood there with all our luggage behind him, a few workers around the area.

"A car is coming to pick us up and bring us to the hotel. Lots of other detectives from all over the world will be staying there as well," Daisuke finished telling the two of us all the information, and a black car soon drove over to them.

We put our luggage in the back of the car, Haru offering to help me, but I declined.

Haru and I got into the backseat of the car, while Daisuke sat in the passenger seat.

They soon arrived in front of a large and fancy hotel, with a red awning and carpet. It looked like somewhere only millionaires would go.

"Don't worry about the cost of the place, I got each of us a room," Daisuke told them, not realizing how kind he really was.

"Thank you, Daisuke."
_____
I figured out my plan for the next few chapters, but I'm still struggling to think of things for the rest of them.
Thank you for over 3K reads, it's amazing to see everyone's comments as well!
Thank you for continuing to support this book!
-Ali
Date: April 22nd, 2020