ᴏɴᴇ: the call

"I love you

"I love you."
"That's a horrible decision."
_____
I sighed as I walked into my workplace, the Modern Crime Prevention Task Force room at the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department.

I was still annoyed I had been put there instead of the First Division. The chief's only excuse for it had been so I can help improve everyone's skills in the MCPTF.

That was complete bullshit.
He probably just doubted what I could do.

Haru Kato and Shinnosuke Kamei sat at their desks, and the others scattered around the room.

"This website and their damn ads," Kamei mumbled, looking around in embarrassment after the sound of a woman moaning came from his computer.

'That certainly says something about his search history, that perv.'

"Hey, Haru," I waved to my friend who gave me a small smile.

"Hi, Y/N. Have you seen how panicked the people in the first Division looked?" Haru mentioned, reminding me of all the people running around outside.

"Yep. It's crazy, when I asked about it they simply ignored me," I sat down in a chair next to Haru. Kamei was still panicking to get rid of the porn ads.

"That's so rude," Mahoro Saeki said to me from the couch. I nodded in agreement, jumping slightly in surprise at the sound of a phone ringing. I turned to where the sound came from, watching as Haru picked up his phone.

"Hello? This is the Modern Crime Prevention Task Force," Haru spoke into the phone. His eyes widened slightly, making me a little worried. He soon hung up the phone, shoving it into his pocket.

"What was that about?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows.

"Apparently the First Division needs some more people, so they've asked a few of us to help out at the Classic Car festival," Haru explained to me. "I'll go with one other person. Kamei, want to go with me?"

"Sure," Kamei replied, turning off his computer.

"I've got nothing better to do, I'll tag along if you don't mind," I stood up with a smile on my face.

I had a good feeling today would be interesting.
_____
The new first chapter! I'll be trying to incorporate more romantic moments with the love interests who will not be revealed yet! This chapter is rather short because I wanted to split the first episode into two chapters since there won't be another episode coming out until Thursday. Future chapters will be longer once we know more about the characters.
Again, this will mostly follow the plot of the anime, but I will be changing it a bit to fit some ideas I had. It's a little difficult to write with the characters who we don't know much about yet, so they may act out of character.
Thank you for reading!
-Ali
Date: April 11th, 2020