A Truce

-Natalie's POV-
     I knock on his door and put my hands behind my back patiently. My leader, Liam, had asked his secretary to bring me to his office but she didn't specify why.

"State you're level assasin" He says while gesturing towards the seat in front of me.

"I'm a level 7 assassin, sir." I state while he stares at me. Looking away would make me weak so I don't break the stare. It feels like hours before he finally looks away.

"I'm assigning you a task that I need you to complete with immense precision." He tells me and I remain quiet until he asks me anything, its considered a crime to speak to him unless he asks you to speak, unless you are a high enough level.

"We are low on soldiers and assassins so I've made a plan to call a truce with Odium."

"I've told them about it already I just need you to sign your life to them, and one of them will sign their life to us. We then will be able to share eachothers soldiers and whatever else we need."
      I feel like I could pass out while listening to him, why did he choose me to sign away my life? It would be good for our clan though.

"You would die for your clan wouldn't you Natalie?" He asks coldly.

"Yes, sir" My hand trembles as I answer and I take my other hand and cover it to hold it still.
     Who would I be trading lives with? I want to impress Liam but I want to stay here in my clan.

Was I really about to sign my life away?

-2 Weeks Later-
     I struggle to put on my black army boots but when I do I rush out of the door. My backpack makes it difficult to run because it's so heavy. It takes about half a day to walk to Odiums base, I would have used a vehicle to get there but I failed my drivers test. It wasn't required for my assasin training so I wasnt bothered by it. I never expected Liam of all people would ask my to complete this big of a mission though.

"There you are Natalie, I hope you got a good night's sleep because you wont be resting until you reach Odiums base." He smirks at me.

"I've got a little watch dog here to accompany you on your trip, just in case" His hand holds the chain of scary looking doberman. I know the dog isn't for my protection, it's in case I refuse to sign the papers.

He unclips the chain to the doberman and it walks to my side looking out into a vast desert. "Be on your way now." He says while watching the doberman, I nod and start my long trek.

-Three Hours Later-
     The doberman pants besides me, wait that's not the doberman that's me. The doberman is a few feet ahead of me looking back at me seemingly annoyed. I stop and dig into my backpack for my water and a white sheet. I tie the sheet over my head, it reflects the light which will make it less hot. I take out my water and drink half of it in less than a minute.
     The doberman growls at me so I stick my tongue out at it. "Dumb dog" I tell it while wiping my forehead. I crouch down and stuff my bottle into my backpack.
>Gore Warning< (Skip this next paragraph if it makes you uncomfortable)

     While I'm not looking the doberman launched itself at me and I fall to the ground shouting at it. It takes a huge bite into my forearm and I let out a scream. I grab my gun out of my boot and kick the dog off of me. It yelps and falls on to the floor and jumps at me again. While it's in the air I shoot it. It falls on to the floor again but this time it doesn't get back up it only cries out. Tears well up in my eyes and a sob escapes me as I get closer to the dog to finish it. How could I let it suffer? My gun trembles in my hand as I now look at the lifeless dog. I toss my gun away and take out a pocket knife, the tracker in the back of his neck is supposed to be with me at all times. I dig my knife into his fur and poke around under his skin. My knife hits his tracker so I dig underneath it and scoop it out. I hold the bloody tracker in my hand, I slowly stand and keep walking.

-Four Hours Later-

     While I walk my arm itches, after the dog attacked I had tried my best to stitch up the wound. After that I started  wrapping it in peice of torn cloth from a spare shirt I had packed.

I look at the sun slowly falling into night. I'm grateful for the coolness of it so I wouldn't have to suffer the heat of day. I'm so close to Odiums base I could practically touch it.

-Five Hours Later-

     I'm sure it's around midnight now and as my eyes start drooping I hear a whistle. Its shrill and quick and it snaps me awake. A girl in gothic looking clothes runs towards me and knocks us both over. Gun shots make the sand explode next to us and I hear yelling in the distance.
"Hurry get up!"

To be continueddDDd~