Chapter 20- Family Reunion

I appeared at a house in Kansas. The house was silent, but I knew there were people inside. I stayed quiet and low. It was the middle of the night where we were. I walked over to a bedroom and saw one person asleep. I walked over to her silently and knew she was my mother right away. I created a ball of energy, ready to fire it at them. I closed my eyes and was about to throw it at her before I felt a hand on my wrist. I opened my eyes and saw my mother's eye's glow bright green. 

I immediately felt frozen. I slowly put the fire in my hands out. 

"Y-you're inhuman..." I said with fear.

"Clio..."

"Excuse me?"

"You wouldn't know... you were just a baby."

"Who's Clio?"

"You..."

"No. My name is Y/n. And you are the parents that forgot about me and want me dead." I created another ball of energy ready to throw it at them.

"WAIT! Let me explain myself."

"How does it feel? How does it feel to LEAVE ME BEHIND?! Huh?"

"I never wanted to do that!"

"Then what were you trying to do?!"

"Your father feared me. I am inhuman just like you! I would never willingly give you up! I fought him so hard until he threatened to kill your brother."

"So you let him kill him and still abandoned me?! I don't believe a SINGLE thing you're saying!"

"Darling-"

"Don't call me that!"

"Cli-"

"MY NAME IS Y/N!"

"Y/n. When he threatened to kill your brother, I knew I had to save him. I thought that... if I put you in the foster care system, you could at least stay alive. I didn't realize your father was planning on killing him anyway. The plan was to rotate you. Making sure you wouldn't stay in one foster home for too long. To keep you safe! Every foster parent you had was apart of S.H.I.E.L.D. That was before the fall of it anyway. You ended up in a H.Y.D.R.A. home. That's when they started the experiments. After that... I didn't know what happened. I thought you died. I was... devastated."

"What makes you think I should believe you?"

"Because we are the same." She said attempting to hold my hand.

I quickly pulled away and braced myself. I didn't know what her powers were, but I had a feeling they were powerful.

"I will never be like you."

"I suppose you're right. I never should have let you go like that."

"Is my father still alive," I demanded to know.

"Yes. But he is dangerous."

"I'm going to kill him," I said walking out of the house.

"Wait! Y/n! I'm sorry! Deeply!"

I teleported away without a word.

I imagined where my father would-be and appeared in a small grocery shop. I had no idea what state. Not even what country. I walked to the back of the store and saw a man working. 

"Excuse me?"

The man turned around shocked. 

"Oh. How can I help you today?"

"He doesn't know who I am..." I thought to myself.

"Umm... do you happen to have any... milk?" I said as an excuse.