Not Where I Thought This Was Going But Cool!

Howdy! I'm sorry it's been forever since I've posted but AP test is over! So i might be able to get chapters done faster.

Hahaha I give you fluff and bring you more Sam and Amelia!![^das Amelia]

No triggers here! No cussing even! 

Also thanks for over 100 reads!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam POV

So, there's this statue in the middle of the city, they call it the frozen princess. Not like the disney movie but because it's a statue of a girl, presumably a princess and she looks frozen in time, with her hand outstretched as if to thank a rescuer. The rumor/joke is that if her soul mate were to take her hand, she would become unfrozen and they could live happily etc etc. so naturally, it's a big tourist attraction and an ideal photo to take if you're visiting this city. I personally have never done said photo op. It's kind of like how people in San Antonio never visit the Alamo. But today, to celebrate Dia De Los Muertos, my Spanish 4 class decided it would be a great idea to take a trip downtown and do a scavenger hunt for random things downtown. And let me just say, it did not go the way I expected...

The morning was average, typical to get up, get dressed, eat whatever my dad made(phenomenal cook btw) and wait for my useless brother to get up and drive me to school with him. Normal! Since this was going to be an all day field trip, I was to wait by the bus loop for the rest of the class to show up. The only downside to that? V, my ex-girlfriend takes the bus to school, and I get there before the busses show up. I know it sounds bad, but I'm hoping she's sick today, anything to avoid seeing her. Even though we broke up last year, I still can't see her without wanting to hide in a corner.

Lucky me, I must've been looking at my phone because I looked up and saw her backpack headed to the courtyard. Shortly after, my friend Dylan bounced up to me

"Whats up?! Im jolly i'm poly i'm ready to-!" they cut off and looked down "I can't figure out what rhymes with poly..." They looked back up to me for a word.

"I'm sorry Dyl, I'm fresh out of rhymes," I said, shrugging. They looked down a little for dramatics. But I offered my arms for a hug and Dylan's smile returned as they embraced me. Dylan and I met at the beginning of the year and we've been best friends ever since. Not to mention, my little brothers love them. Dylan pulls back from the hug and leaned on a pole next to me and looks up at me

"So what are you expecting today?" I looked back over

"Not sure, probably just some wandering around and a bit of writing about what we're looking for. I'm just happy we're in the same group! And we get Senora M!" Senora Magle is without a doubt the nicest Spanish teacher we have.

"This is true!" Dylan agreed "Plus, we get to pass by a food court! And my mom recently gave me more money for starbucks!~" We continued talking about the trip today and what parts we were dreading and what we were excited about. About 10 minutes after the rest of the class and teacher arrived, we did a head count and waited for the bus which came shortly after. Dylan and I looked for a moment to find a seat without gum. On the bus ride Dylan got out their headphones and we listened to good ol broadway on the way there.

When we finally arrived at a parking area, one of the spanish teachers stands up at the front of the bus and talks about what the scavenger hunt is and where/when we're meeting for lunch. Papers are passed back too, even though we are in groups of 4-6, there's only one paper per pair; so I did the nice thing and volunteered to carry it since I insisted on bringing my over the shoulder book bag. We started filing out of the bus and getting to our groups. As previously mentioned, I got to be in a group with Dylan, who's also my partner; and we got senora M as our group leader. The other two in our group were two guys, Zach and Tim. I have no clue how Zach made it past spanish 2, he's easily the worst at spanish in the entire class, I'm 99% sure he's been cheating off of Tim for the entire year. I low key ship them.