2-Promise me

(F/m = favourite meal, M/n= mums name)

The next day, you and Abbie were walking through the school halls, currently gossiping about nothing in particular when you saw the esteemed blue-eyed tyrant come out of a door a few steps in front of you. This stopped you dead in your tracks, Abbie stopping in confusion until she saw your stare. She followed your sight and sighed when she caught sight of the unlucky victim.

He had been locking his office door when he bent down to pick his bag up from the floor then continued his path right towards the two of you. Abbie's face had now gained a look of concern as she hoped the two of you, or him at least, would have the decency to not conduct your 'quarrels' in public. As he walked closer, still not looking up, you mustered up the dirtiest look you could, throwing it at him in the hopes he would sense it.

Once he was roughly two steps in front of you, he raised his eyes which regrettably caught your look. He rolled his eyes at your childishness only to stride past you, unaffected but increasingly irked. You remained frozen in your spot staring after him with a fury. "Dick." Spitting your words after him.

Abbie watched the encounter from the side, she also had rolled her eyes at the two of you but knowing you, you wouldn't step down from this with ease. "Y/n..." she whined. "Pleeeeaaaseee don't start with this now." Her moaning snapped you out of your daze unfreezing your body from its spot, you turned back around and continued to walk to class with Abbie in tow behind you. "I'm not starting Ab. He's only making it worse for himself by fighting back." You grumbled. "Fighting back!" She whisper- shouted, trying not to draw attention. "Yes. That's correct." You casually responded. This only angered her more and encouraged her to continue. "The man isn't fighting back Y/n, he's not fighting at all. Don't you see that?; you always get too attached to these type of things and I'm asking you now... "she jogged to catch up with your fast strides "I'm asking you now, as your friend." She grabbed your arm back to turn you towards her causing you to roll your eyes at her nagging. "If this is because of Elliot, Don't challenge him. Okay ? Because I can't see you winning this one. ." She calmly stated. You looked her in the eyes, seeing her sympathetic look. You took a deep breath in, letting your eyes wander the hall momentarily.

When you looked back you noticed the pleading look in her eye, causing you to release your breath in a loud sigh. "Fine." You mumbled, struggling with having to stand down.  "Promise me." She added in a stern tone. "Yes, mum. I promise." She ignored your comment and sighed in relief, letting go of your arm in the process and linking hers with it instead, she pulled you into a stroll. "Thank you." She said in a small voice, tugging your arm gently where they were joined. "You're welcome... but if he so much as looks at me funny I'm not gonna hold back." Abbie chuckled at your ferocity,blaming it on the people who made you like this and thanking them at the same time.

~

"I'm home !" The force of the door slamming behind you making the house shake slightly. "Hey! In here!" The voice of your eldest brother ringing from the living room. You stopped at the door frame looking at him sprawled on the sofa. "What are you doing ?" asking with a raised eyebrow. He replied without his attention drifting from the TV, somewhat childishly, "What are you doing ?" "Okaaayyyy.." you sighed, what goes on inside Jacks head was always a mystery to you. Pushing yourself away from the wall, you swung your bag back onto your shoulder heading up to your room.

After a couple of hours of just scrolling through your phone you heard your mums voice shout up. "Dinner !" Jumping up and sprinting down the stairs you slowed at the dining room entrance. Getting a whiff of your f/m you hummed in response. "Smells great Ma." "Good." She smiled, dishing out as she walked around the table. You took your spot in your usual chair and looked across the table to find your brothers already sat down. "How was work, Lew." Lewis' eyes flicking up to yours with a slight smile. "Not too bad. School ?" Scratching his stubble. The word school bringing back your rage instantly. "Ugh. Don't ask." "Why?" Jack piped in. Face now taking on an unamused expression, you turned to him as you tucked into your food. "This new teacher.." pausing to digest. "He's just gonna be an issue. I can tell." "Ohhhh, He's one of those teachers." "Yep. The guys infuriating. You know on Monday he called me a lick-ass." Your voice now high. Jack and Lewis' looking up from the plates in surprise. "You weren't asking for it were you." The voice of your Mum appeared in the seat next to you. "Because we all know you're prone to doing that." Her comment making you scoff. "Noooo. I was just trying to break the ice. Seriously you could freeze ice on that guy's ass." Rolling your eyes at the thought. "Language."
The voice of your dad appearing from the head of the table. You looked up at him with an uncaring expression. "Who are you ? Captain America." You sassed with a monotone voice. He simply returned your look and continued eating. "So... what's he like then?" M/n questioned with a hint of excitement in her voice. "What do you mean ?" "Well. Is he good looking, is he married ?" She replied with a face as if to say 'obviously'. You looked her with furrowed eyebrows and a frown. "Well I don't know. I'm sorry I didn't ask !" You retorted, sarcasm lacing your words. She simply rolled her eyes at your attitude. " Well I'm sure you know if he's attractive or not. You have eyes ! I should know I pushed them out of me!" The sound of your brothers forks hitting the plate beating you to it." Can we not talk about what came out of you at the table, please?" Jack inquired with disgust in his tone. Waving him off, she replied "Oh shut up! You came out of there too." Silencing the males at the table, she asked again. "Well come on then. Give me the details." "Ugh fine. Umm he's got .. blue eyes. He's a couple of inches taller than me. Umm" unsure of what to say, you settled for just describing him. "He's got .. brown hair. I didn't manage to see a wedding ring. Is that enough?" "Is he muscular?" She smirked. "Yes a little bit. Now can I please get back to dinner?" Your mother went silent, seemingly satisfied while the rest of the table got back to their food. But the silence was interrupted by your dad when he stated."Technically, you all came out of both of us." The collective sound of cutlery hitting plates and chairs being pulled out put an end to that conversation.

So I know there's not a lot of Cillian in here if not at all but I was kind of going another direction with the second half of this chapter but I thought it would go better in a different chapter. So I wrote this instead as a little family insight. Hope you enjoyed.