10-More than awkward

For the next couple of days, you had been avoiding your teacher. Yet the fact that he was your teacher made it quite a chore. You found yourself ducking around corners, running into bathrooms and avoiding eye contact or any human interaction at all during his classes. The day you ran off was an extremely restless night, keeping you up into the early hours of the next day. You hadn't spoken to anyone when you got home, you came down late into the night to eat some dry crackers because it was all you could stomach.  Abbie and Tyler had noticed you weren't eating as much as you usually were and that was a pretty big sign something was wrong.
~
In chemistry, Abbie was currently hunched over a test tube with a stopwatch in hand. However, her attention was on the girl across the room who had been sat, staring at the table beneath her hands with a pen spinning in between her fingers. Her friend has been drifting in and out of focus since Wednesday, it was now Friday and apparently she wasn't the only one who was worried. Tyler slid into place next to her as both of their eyes were fixed on you at the opposite side of the lab.
"It's not just me is it ?" His head tilted towards her yet their attention didn't drift. "Nope." Abbie let out a tired sigh conveying her concern, Tyler's expression softened to one of pity. Even if you were upset, you usually hid it behind a smile or a joke. But this time, you were silent. And to Tyler and Abbie, it was more unnerving then seeing you cry which was also extremely rare in your case. "Well, do we do something? Talk to her ?" She shook her head softly as Tyler bit his lip gently due to nerves. "No... no, the best thing to do is wait for her to talk to us. She's stubborn like that." Tyler broke his gaze to inspect Abbie's expression, which was now stern as she met his eyes. He simply, sighed in defeat as they both looked over to you.
~
Cillian on the other hand, was in a bit of a worse state than you. Instead of remaining silent like you, he had taken to drinking and smoking again. On Tuesday, after the kiss, he had come home to empty out his bottle of whiskey, while he chain-smoked through a whole pack of cigarettes he had found in his old and now empty hiding place . The smoke and burn of the alcohol soothes him slightly, stopped his hands from shaking at the least. The constant thought that you would report him to the head or your parents... or worse, the authorities was running through his mind. He was, for sure, going to get fired and the only thing he could do was wait.

The ball was in your court, he made his move (it wasn't exactly the wisest) and now, it was all on you. Your move. His future was in your hands, wether that meant spending the rest of his life in a jail cell on account of being a predator or he'd be remaining in school for the rest of the year in hiding, if you weren't hiding from him already, that is. He thought about talking to you about it, but, what would that do. "I'm sorry for kissing you, unprompted. I didn't mean to, well I did because I've been thinking about it for a couple of months. Actually, I've been thinking about much more than a kiss, but let's just forget about it all and I'll see you in class tomorrow. Okay ?" No. That was fucking stupid. He was fucking stupid. And he was gonna pay for it.

He'd stolen multiple glances at you during lessons but you would always quickly look down, he didn't bother asking you any questions because involving you would receive some odd glances when you couldn't even look at him, let alone answer. He was torn with anguish that you couldn't even look at him. He couldn't look at himself, to be honest and it showed. Because his eyes were red, from the lack of sleep this week (and partly from the alcohol that he drank in the nights and kept in his desk in a small flask). The bags under his eyes and gotten heavier and more purple, giving him a black eye look. You would've been concerned but you hadn't seen him properly.

Tom had.

So had Mary.

She had timidly walked into his room Thursday afternoon , with her hands crossed in front of her in hesitation. "Cillian?" Cillian jumped at the sound, he was no longer alone. His eyes flicked to hers,  she noticed how wild the look in them was. Like a trapped beast or a stranger in a new land. He looked nervous, on edge you could even go far enough to say scared? But before she could pin it, his face returned to stoic and his eyes back to their cold blue.  "Are you alright?" As she got closer to his desk, he shot up making her flinch slightly. He brushed past her and over to his book shelf, trying to distract himself and distance them at the same time.

She followed him with a concerned demeanour, he was acting very strange. There had been a drastic change between Tuesday Cillian and Wednesday Cillian. Something had obviously happened and she had took it upon her self to play detective. 

Cillian felt her lean in to him froM behind, stroking her hands up and down his arms as she rested her head on his back. The feeling was strange and unwelcome coming from her, it felt out of place. So he turned around in an attempt to separate them. He momentarily looked at her, seeing her look of pity causing him to look away again in resentment. He didn't want pity, not from her at least. He kept his face emotionless as usual, Mary tried to read him but he masked the pain in his eyes as usual. She sighed in defeat, she realised she was unable to get through to him, per usual. She wasn't going to get anywhere with him. He was stubborn.

She ran the back of her hand down his face, running her thumb down his lip gently as he just stared off into his void beside her. Shaking her head, she looked down as she removed her hand and just walked out of the classroom. Once again, leaving him alone to just watch the door close behind.
~

You and Abbie were coming round the corner of the corridor when a familiar set of eyes appeared at the other end of it. Before the eyes could land on you, you ducked down, grabbing onto Abbie's bag strap and yanked her back round the corner. Abbie's face was a mix of pissed off and confused as she burned holes into the back of your head which was poking round the corner. "What the fuck are you doing?" You watched as he walked down the corridor, turning off into the stairwell. Letting out a breath you didn't know you were holding, you straightened up, looking down in embarrassment due to your actions. You just continued walking the way you were going, leaving a exasperated Abbie behind you.

"Y/n? Y/n?" You didn't answer. "Right ! That's it !" Flicking your eyes to her in confusion, she dragged you into the disabled toilet to the right of you. Locking the door behind you, she stood in front of it. Blocking your only exit. "I've had enough of your shit! I've given you time to talk to me. I've waited patiently. Now you're going to open up to me or so help me god I will dra-" Interrupting her rant, you placed a hand over her mouth with wide eyes. "I can't tell you, Abbie !" Her eyebrows furrowed and you could feel the frown underneath your palm. She let out a deep hum in question. Rolling your eyes, you replied in a exasperated manner. "Because I can't ! Okay ? If I tell you then it'll all go to shit!" Her face softened, you took it as your cue to remove your hand. You sighed, softening your own features and calming yourself down from your frantic state. "I just.. can't. Okay ? Just... trust me. I'll sort it out." Abbie let out a breath and held the bridge of her nose for a few seconds of composure. "Okay." Lifting her hands up in defence, she repeated. "Okay. I trust you." "Thank you.

That's all I need."

"