E X P L A N A T I O N S

Alright :)) so you've reached the end of the book and you might be a little confused from some of the exchanges/chapters. I'll begin with their backgrounds. If you have any further questions, just leave them in the comments and I'll be sure to include them!

Matthias was isolated as a kid up until his grandmother took him away. His mother was a manipulative person who almost brainwashed him into doing as she said. Alongside her emotionally manipulative behavior, she was excessively paranoid. She was always certain that if Matthias ever went outside, she would never see him again because her ex-husband would snatch him up. Matthias was given a phone by his grandmother, secretly. In his household, as he grew up, he realized that his mother wasn't like the normal parents and ended up suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts when he realized her true nature, hence the beginning of the book.

Now, on to George.

George was raised primarily by his mother with a neglecting father who was a drunk and an abuser towards both his mom and himself. Now, George was more tormented by one of his dad's friends. He was sexually assaulted and abused over many years by his father's friend but was forced to keep quiet both threatened by the man and humiliated that he allowed himself to go through that. His mother had her suspicions and desperately wanted to leave the household with George, but at the time, didn't have enough financial support to do so. As a result, George suffers from frequent nightmares (leading to insomnia), depression and PTSD. George also uses a facade of happiness or goofiness in order to mask his true problems as a way of coping.

George's mother and Matthias' grandmother happened to move out to the same state as a move I like to call fate :)

I would also like to mention that there was inspiration for this short dialogue story from another dialogue story, just with a much darker twist.

I do, however, think that should you relate to any of these problems, to go and seek help by any healthy means. I am always open to talk to and a part of this story stems from my own experiences. So, I'm not completely clueless about these topics.

The most important thing though, is that even if we may suffer and ask ourselves "why me?"  it is not your fault. What we go through is tough, and sometimes, it feels impossible to get through, but the beauty of a support system, no matter how large or how small, can make everything worthwhile. Just one friend, a favorite show or movie or book, a quiet companion. The power of internet friends is also, as many of you know, godly.

I hope that, should any of you have gone through anything like this, you know that you are worth it and that the fact you're still standing here is a testament to your strength and resilience. You've won the war. It's time to revel in your victory.

You've made it this far, look how strong you are.

We've survived together, but now, it's time to live. No more surviving the next day, we're going to live. Enjoy all the things you couldn't have. The book you couldn't buy, the songs you didn't listen to, the food you didn't try, the places you've never been. The joys of life are endless and waiting for you to explore them.

I love you all and I hope that your pain will ease soon. Stay safe, know that you're loved, and live.

|H|