T W E N T Y F I V E

It's been a while since I've seen him. Only 2 years, 7 months and 14 days.

And he was the only thing on my mind. The only thing I thought of, dreamt of. He never left it.

But it's my fault. My mom couldn't afford some bills after being laid off by her highest-paying job so, I picked a couple jobs, some of them were odd jobs but they got me cash fast when we needed groceries and had another few days until the next paycheck.

It helped enough that she was able to use a phone for her work now. I was left without service on the one i had, but it wasn't bad. I focused on other things. I had to.

I tried not to think of him.

I tried to stop. if i didn't try to forget the memory of him by working to death under the guise of keeping us afloat, i would come to a complete halt again, drowning in every what if that swam around in my head when i let it remain unoccupied.

I couldn't help letting him plague my mind, no matter how hard I tried.

But he didn't really plague it. He opened up my world even if I didn't know what he looked like, didn't know who he was or how he was. he was that ray of light shining through the windows on a bad day and the reason i made it to the next day.

But he's probably forgotten me now.