When You're With Me...

"Are you sure, Lance? I don't want you to spend too much on me..." I said.

"Whatever you want, it's yours, my queen. (Esther 5:6)" Lance said.

I know he says this, but I feel like I don't deserve this kind of luxury...

I looked at the jewelry in the display cases with a look of uncertainty. I then saw a gorgeous flower necklace. The petals were beautiful blue moon diamonds. My face scrunched up when I saw the price.

I don't want Lance to spend so much...

"I guess... maybe the flower necklace..." I said.

Lance looked at the necklace and smiled.

"Alright then. We'll take that necklace, my friend." Lance said, turning to the jeweler.

The jeweler nodded and took out the necklace from the display case.

"Wait. Are you sure? The price is... I can help pay for it." I said.

Lance smiled and then placed a finger on my lips.

"Whatever you want, it's yours." Lance said.

I furrowed my brows as he removed his finger from my mouth.

I don't deserve this... I don't deserve him...

When Lance finished paying, he turned me around, so my back was facing him. I then felt the cold, silver chain of the necklace when Lance put in on me. I stared down at the necklace and let a small smile form on my face.

"Thank you so much Lance," I said, turning to face him.

"Like I said, anything for you, my queen." Lance said.

"Are you sure I can't pay you back half of what you paid? I don't want to feel like I'm taking advantage of your kindness and generosity..."

Lance huffed out a chuckle and set his hand on my head.

"Your humbleness is truly admirable, Sharena. And trust me, you're not taking advantage me. And you know how I know?" Lance asked.

I thought for a while and shook my head no.

"Because you're not the type of person to do something like that. You're too nice and humble to do something so scandalous." Lance said.

"I guess you're right..." I said.

Lance laughed and patted my hand.

"Your humbleness is so adorable." Lance said.

My cheeks heated up when Lance complimented me. Draping an arm around my shoulders, we walked out of the jewelry store. I then felt piercing gazes looking our way. Looking around me were a lot of other girls with scornful faces. Feeling unsure, I buried my face into Lance's chest.

"Don't worry about them. They got nothing on you." Lance whispered.

I nodded with an unsure expression. Lance felt my uncertainty and pressed my head closer into his chest.

"As long as you're here with me, no one would dare harm you." he said, voice sounding cold yet kind and gentle at the same time.

Hearing this made me feel safe.

Lance is a good, young man with an equally good heart. I'm glad to be with him. I take back every mean thing I've ever said about him.

"Want to grab something to eat?" Lance asked, looking down at me.

Hearing my stomach growl, my face flushed a bright fuchsia. Lance's smile turned into a genuine laugh.

"I'll take that as a yes. We're here at the mall, anyway, might as well head to the food court." Lance said.