Chapter 9 || Our Little Secret

Serafina rushed into the hospital room as she held her phone out, "They found Alejandro," she said as she struggled for air. 

Reba and Ander shot up from their seats and rushed over to Serafina, the screen of the phone showed a news article, the headlines titled, "Alejandro Diaz (17) was finally caught after weeks of searching." 

Ander couldn't believe it, Reba smiled as she checked over the article again. This was real, it was really real. 

"Where is he now?" Ander asked, as his hands shook with excitement. 

"From the last time I checked, he's at the precinct. They're asking him questions right now..." 

"Does that mean it's over?" Reba asked. 

Serafina looked at the both in silence. 

"Serafina... it's over, right?" Ander asked.

"No, they can't convict him for an attempted murder nor can they convict him for being an accessory in a murder..."

"What the fuck do you mean?" Reba fired back aggressively. 

"They have the murder weapon and they have their hands on the drugs that were used on Luna that night but they're still questioning if he was the one that really did it," Serafina's head hung low. 

"That can't be, they have all the evidence they need. They have witnesses..." Ander scrunched this eyebrows with fury. 

"For the Polo situation, they're still waiting for Carla to come forward in court. Until that happens, Alejandro's name is clear. For Luna, it's an even bigger problem. They can and they will question both you and Nadia..." Serafina looks at Reba, "You were the first two people that saw Luna the morning of the ceremony..." 

"Okay then, I know Nadia is going to confess against Alejandro, we saw what happened..." 

"They need Luna's confession of that night, the night she got drugged and how that lead to her getting attacked at the ceremony," Serafina stood limp. 

"Fucking bullshit! Luna is in a coma and she's at risk of forgetting her memories!" Ander aggressively yelled. 

"Then... her word is useless. They can't use that against Alejandro if they don't have a solid word from the victim..." 

"Are you fucking kidding me! The girls did the polices job for them. They have the evidence they need, Luna already confessed against Alejandro before, they should have it on records!" Reba was furious, she was already tired, and now this?

"That's all I know for now..." Serafina started to tear up, "Trust me... I want this over. I want Luna to get back to her normal life. I want to hear her voice and hug her and have her hug me back." 

Reba pulled Serafina into a hug, she held her tightly as she rubbed Serafina's back, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell..." 

"I just want this to be over..." Serafina whimpered quietly, "I don't know if I can afford losing another-" 

Ander cut her off, he held her hands. Reba broke off from the hug as Serafina turned to face Ander, "Your sister is one of the strongest girls I know. You aren't going to lose her... I promise you." 

Serafina weakly smiled. 

"When do they want my confession?" Reba asked. 

"They'll call you when they're finished with Carla, Nadia, and Sophia... they have more people to question," Serafina replied. 

Reba sighed, she turned around and sat back down beside Luna, "We're almost there. This is all almost over okay? I just need you to wake up..." Reba held Luna's hand to her lips and gently kissed it.