Chapter 1 || Flatline

The lights seemed to get brighter every time she passed by one, she felt like she was moving, but she wasn't.

"Clear!" A voice pierced through, making her ears and body ache even more. 

"There is no time, she's losing a lot of blood!" Another voice pierced through the hallways. 

Many people surrounded her as they pushed her through the hospital hallways. 

"Luna!" A voiced echoed. 

She tried to look behind her but was too weak to.

"Hey, we're gonna get you back to them real soon. You just need to stay still right now..." One of the doctors gently laid a hand on her head.

"What the fuck happened!" Ander yelled.

Nadia's face was full of tears, she hugged Ander. 

Everybody stood in the waiting room, stunned. Reba and Nadia had blood all over them, while Carla stood against a wall, silent. 

"If somebody doesn't tell me what the fuck happened..." Ander couldn't finish his sentence, he broke out crying.

Reba had a more serious face on, all her tears had been dried up and there was nothing but anger and revenge. 

"Alejandro did it..." Carla said.

Nadia, Reba, and Ander turned too Carla.

"That fucking bastard!" Reba aggressively said.

"I saw him walking away from the hallway and there was blood on his hands," Carla whimpered. 

"This is your fucking fault," Reba said. 

"I'm so sorry..." Carla whimpered, "I didn't know I'd be putting her in much harm..."

"You didn't know? You are such a selfish bitch, she found out who killed Marina didn't she?" Reba's fists curled into a ball. 

"That's the only reason I can think of..." Carla said.

"Where is Alejandro?" Reba asked.

"He's probably long gone by now..." Carla replied as she rested her head on her arms. 

"He's gonna pay for what he did, everything he did to Luna and everybody else around him."

Carla begged not to turn Alejandro in, "Please... they're gonna ask for his motive and-"

"Are you serious right now Carla?" Nadia stood up from her seat, she looked down at Carla who was sitting on the floor.

"You still care if they go to jail or not? News flash, Alejandro is a dangerous person. You saw what he did to Luna right?" 

"We can't turn him in without the whole truth being discovered..." Carla whimpered.

"You should've thought about it before you sided with the wrong people," Ander scoffed.

"You know who killed Marina?" Nadia asked Carla.

Carla stayed silent, then she nodded her head up and down.

"You are so selfish, you don't even know it..." Nadia rolled her eyes.

In the ER, the doctors struggled to prevent more blood from coming out. Her condition was way worse than how she was at school. 

"We need to hurry, we don't have a lot of time!" One of the nurses yelled as blood dripped from her hands.

"Patch that wound up, she's loosing more and more blood!" 

All around Luna was panicked doctors.

"Who is the killer Carla?" Reba aggressively asked.

"I don't know!" Carla yelled back.

"Dammit! Fucking tell me before I punch your nose in!" Reba said as she aggressively stepped forward.

"Get the fuck off of me!" Carla said.

Nadia had tried her best to pull Reba off of Carla, but it was no use. Reba had a strong grip on Carla.

"It was Polo!" Ander yelled as he sat on the floor, his eyes were filled with tears.

All the commotion came to an end, all 3 girls turned away and looked at Ander. Reba's grip on Carla loosened.

"You knew?" Nadia asked with a frown on her face.

"Polo confessed to me, he told me not to say anything..." Ander whimpered.

"All of you are full of shit! You knew Carla wasn't going to turn him in, you had the chance to end all of this! Look where that got us, one of the witnesses in this case disappeared, my best friend is on the verge of dying, and we still have an innocent man sitting in a jail cell!" Reba yelled.

Reba sat back down in her chair as she covered her mouth from yelling, the pain and agony became too much for her to handle. 

"I'm sorry..." Ander whimpered softly.

"No, you're sorry that you got caught. Not only did you hurt Luna along the way, but you betrayed your best friend. You knew Guzman was hurting and you saw how he aggressively picked on Samuel and Nano for Marina's death, Luna was getting put down because she was accused of killing her best friend. You let these people suffer!" Reba fired back.

Nadia silently cried beside her. 

"If none of you aren't going to turn Polo in, I'll be the one to do it..." Nadia said.

"No!" Carla yelled.

"How many more people have to die Carla? Maybe you? Maybe Reba or Ander is next? Put an end to this Carla please!" Nadia begged. 

The doctor sighs as their body went limp. Their heads hung low as they failed to stop more blood from gushing out.

"Time of death, 5:07 pm..." The doctor announced. 

Back in the waiting room, the Genovese family rushed in.

"Where the fuck is my sister!" Serafina yelled.

"They're operating on her right now, we're waiting for the doctor..." Nadia said.

"Who...did...this?" Piero said as he fixed his tie, anger spread across his face.

Nadia, Ander, Reba, and Carla all looked at each other...

"Fucking tell us!" Sophia said.

"Alejandro..." Ander said. 

Sophia and Serafina looked at each other with anger and violence. 

The doors to the ER swung open as one of the doctors approached the crowd.

"The Genovese family?" The doctor asked.

Catarina and Piero turned to the doctor, waiting for the doctor to tell them that Luna was okay and she was safe.

"I'm sorry..." The doctor paused.

"What did you say?" Serafina asked as her voice cracked.

"She lost too much blood. I'm afraid she's gone..." The doctor turned away. Leaving a distraught family behind.

"No!" Serafina yelled as she fell to the floor.

The crowd streamed more tears, some even tried to prevent their anger from showing. Piero cried, although their relationship as a father and daughter was difficult, that was his blood. They just lost a son and brother, and now Luna? 

Reba's tears streamed, but the anger took over her sadness. 

Carla stood up from the floor and started to make her way to the exit.

"Where are you going?" Sophia called out.

Carla turned around, "To end this... once and for all."