Chapter 3 || Innocent till Proven Guilty

"She's stable, she's in a coma right now. We're just waiting for her to wake up..." The doctor said as the Genovese family surrounded Luna's bed. 

"Will this coma affect her?" Catarina said as she gently rested her hand on top of Luna's.

"Well, it depends. The sooner she wakes up we can get her to therapy and the faster she'll get back to her normal life. In this case, she hasn't shown a sign of movement since she started breathing."

"What do you mean?" Sophia asked as she crossed her arms across her chest.

"She can possibly lose certain memories. She has gotten stabbed and lost so much blood, then she was pronounced dead and later showed signs of life. It's a lot for the brain and body to take. And, if not, it can lead to death." 

"But wasn't she dead already?" Catarina asked.

"Her body probably wasn't ready at the time, but the longer she's in a coma, it can change drastically for her..." 

"So, you're telling me, my sister either loses her memory or dies?" Serafina said. 

"Yes... her memories can either be short term or long term. Meaning it'll take her a couple of months to start remembering certain things or she never regains her memories. It's a 50/50 chance of her gaining or losing her memories." 

The Genovese family all stood around her hospital bed silently. 

"We'll try our best in the next few weeks... as of right now, try talking to her. It sounds silly but patients that are in comas can hear you talking to them, this can help her wake up sooner."

Piero nods and shakes hands with the doctor. 

"I'm gonna kill Alejandro..." Piero aggressively said.

"Look, I know you want revenge, but papa, Luna needs us right now. We either save her or lose her permanently..." Sophia said.

"We're all very angry but killing somebody isn't going to help us in this case. We already lost Santiago. I don't want you both to only have 2 children now..." Serafina added on.

Piero took a deep breath in. 

Summer has passed, the plans that Luna and Nadia planned never happened. It was now a new semester at Las Encinas. 

Nadia, Ander, Reba, and Carla all sat in the student room together, silent. 

Guzman and Samuel joined them as well, along with Lucrecia. 

"Any update on Luna?" Reba broke the silence. 

"No, they said she's in a coma right now. There is a possibility she loses her memory or she dies again," Nadia replied. 

"I'm dropping off Serafina and Sophia's homework at the hospital later tonight, I'll let you guys know any further updates..." Carla said. 

"I don't think it's safe for you to be around Luna right now..." Ander fired back, he scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Don't just blame this on me, I wasn't the only one who knew Polo was the killer," Carla said.

"Can you both just stop, this isn't helping any of us right now," Reba spoke up. 

"Who else knew Polo was the killer?" Guzman raised to his feet. 

Carla and Ander stared at each other. 

"Ask your best friend," Carla pointed at Ander. 

Guzman slowly turned to Ander, staring at him. He didn't want to believe his own best friend would do that, but anything is possible. Right?