Chapter 10 || The Mafia Princess

They all sat in the waiting room, they were antsy and nervous. But most of all, they were glad to know Luna was okay. The only thing about the waiting game, is finding out if she did forget her memories or not. 

The Las Encinas students and the Genovese family all surrounded each other, with love and care for one another. 

"Follow the light please," The doctor said as he guided the small flashlight. Luna did as she was told. 

Luna blinked as a drop of tear fell. The light blinded her and caused a strain on her eye, that's what happens when your eyes are closed for too long. 

"You haven't spoken since you woke up..." The doctor sat beside Luna. 

She stared at the floor uneasily, she wanted to talk but no words could form. She was scared to talk, she was scared to do anything at all. 

"Do you remember what happened?" The doctor asked a few more questions. 

Luna nods, more tears started to form. 

"Hey... it's alright. You're safe now, Alejandro is in custody and they're doing everything they can to make sure he doesn't hurt anybody else," The doctor weakly smiled as she gently laid her hand on Luna's shoulder. 

She shivered and her body jumped a little. 

"Would you like to see your family and friends right now?" 

Luna shook her head to the side. 

"That's alright. You can rest for now and whenever you're ready to have visitors, just let me know..." 

The doctor slowly stood up from the bed and made her way towards the waiting room. The figure of the doctor appeared, causing every single person in the waiting room to jolt up. 

"Doctor, is she alright?" Piero approached her, he fiddled with his hands as the feeling of tiredness and stress washed over him. 

"She is, she's not talking at the moment. But everything else is in place..." 

"Okay, how about her memories? Or why can't she talk?" Catarina asked panicked. 

"She seems to remember everything, we can't know for sure since she isn't speaking at the moment. And... her not talking isn't a huge problem. She's just a little startled and scared which is normal for our patients who just woke up from a coma." 

Catarina and Piero took a deep sigh, it was relieving to hear that. 

"Well... can we see her?" Sophia approached the three figures. 

"Unfortunately no... she said she didn't want any visitors as of right now. I figured she's trying to rest and process everything that's happening right now. We don't want to stress her out right now..." 

"Well, what do we do as of right now?" Serafina asked. 

"All we can do is let her rest, I'll try to talk to her about letting one person talk to her, then we can go from there." 

The doctor weakly smiled and turned away. 

Piero and Catarina turned to each other.

"What if she doesn't remember us?" Catarina whimpered.

"Mi amor, she is," Piero pulled Catarina into a hug. He kissed her on the temple as he tried his best to comfort her. 

Back at the seating area, Ander sat restlessly. Serafina approached him. 

"Are you alright?" Serafina laid her head on his shoulder. 

"Yeah, I just want to see Luna right now..." Ander said.