August 14

August 14, 1999 (1:00 AM)

Nothing. No Jed. No best friend, only Michelle, a black and white Siberian Husky. Mr. and Mrs. Cross and Michelle and I, we found nothing, all day. No sign of Jed.

I need to relax to give myself perseverance towards my goal. The back of the pickup truck is good enough for me, open to the forces of nature plus I can stargaze just before I sleep. Stargazing helps me relax, just what I need now. I love stars, I truly do. I like the way they are arranged and the point that they will almost never move. I like the way they blink and shine against the dark sky, the way they can be seen even if it's day. I just love them.

~End of Log

August 14, 1999 (10:00 AM)

I searched around the campus, asked around if anyone knew Jed. Again Nobody did, probably because he was new. No corpses were found at Nightingale building since last night. It probably means that he isn't in the building the other night, which means he's safe, right? But where is he? Why hasn't he shown up? It still worries me. I hope he's not one of the heavenly bodies watching me from above, the stars, which would mean that he's been claimed by death itself.

~End of Log

~END OF PART II - AUTUMN