August 13

August 13, 2012 (1:00 AM)

I can see the sky darkening as the sky is always dimmer when day is near. The stars glowing brighter in contrast with the sky. The moon showering the park with it's bluish light. 

I'm tired but I can't sleep. I don't know. Usually when I don't come home like this I go to Jed's house but he isn't there so I'm here, alone at the middle of a park in the dead of night.

~End of Log

August 13, 1999 (7:00 AM)

I fell asleep on the oak and metal bench, overseeing the lights of Talisbury. As I lied there, falling asleep, one by one the lights dimmed and disappeared as I fell to a slumber.

I woke up with blue eyes staring at my own, only inches in between. Surprised I sat upright as fast as I opened my own eyes. Michelle was just there sitting on the cobblestone paths. She seems nice with her thick black and white coat, beautiful. There was a Siberian Husky sitting there. Is she lost or is she a free dog, that was my first thought when I saw her, then I named her Michelle because she didn't have a collar tied around her neck. Of course I had to know if she was a he or a she so... you know what I had to do.

I wanted to leave her there though but when I stood up she stood up, then I sat down again and she sat down. It was cute of course but I had to go or else I'll miss school and I can't bring a dog to school. I tried to run away but she ran faster that me. Now I have a dog with me, walking down the paths of Kitch park.

~End of Log

August 13, 1999 (9:30 AM)

It all happened so fast. I don't know. I can't... I just don't know. Michelle and I are riding behind a pickup truck, while Jed's parents in front obviously worried about their son. In a sad turn of events.

I was walking down the street with Michelle when I saw the T.V. outside the ice cream store. A dormitory was on fire, lots of people are dead, but I know the building from somewhere. I tried to remember where I saw it but I couldn't remember.

I arrived at the school, still wearing the clothes I wore yesterday when I remembered where I saw the building. It was on one of the brochures of Jed's boarding school. I immediately tried to run to Jed's parents but I realized that It might not be Jed's dorm. I didn't want to be embarrassed again, They would just hate me if I'm wrong. I didn't want to lose the trust of the parents of one of my very few friends.

One hour into school. I realize it was Jed's dormitory. He showed pictures of it before he left Talisbury. I hurriedly ran out of class to tell Jed's parents, not even acknowledging my teacher. I just ran without even bringing my things. Michelle was waiting outside and when I ran out, she ran too, with me.

When I arrived to tell them, they were so worried. We jumped in to their pick up truck and here we are, travelling to a place hours from the town of Talisbury. 

I wish upon a star that Jed is alright. I hope he is.

~End of Log

August 13, 1999 (12:00 NN)

There is nothing left, only the ash-black ruins of Nightingale building, where Jed slept and lived. Bodies of people who I don't know are lined up, lying on the street. People, seeing if their child has been taken by the fire. Jed's parents are checking the dead bodies one by one, hoping that Jed is not one of them. Michelle and I are just sitting at the curb. Other people are weeping, probably because they lost their loved one or loved ones. I certainly hope that I'm not going to be just like them, crying like that in the middle of the street because of a life lost.

I myself am very worried about Jed, he is my last true friend. I can't lose him, specially to the monster of death.

~End of Log

August 13, 1999 (7:00 PM)

It's already seven in the evening. We searched for Jed all day long but, no sign of him. No dead body or anything. Where is he? Is a question that I ask myself and others repeatedly. They don't know. They always don't know.

I checked every room in every dorm in a kilometer radius. Michelle accompanying me all day. She never left my side. I really like Michelle and I would like to keep her. Anyway I don't know where Jed is but I have to hope, we all have to.

I've been asking people if they know Jed and one of them did say that they know him and that he last saw him in a bar last night. I'll go there after eating my quick meal.

~End of Log

August 13, 1999 (8:30 PM)

It took me hours to find the bar, it was on the third floor of this old commercial building. The bar was obviously for men who wan't to get problems off their heads. There were posters of scantily clad women on the walls and a bar full of different drinks.

I asked the bartender if he knows Jed. He does. He said he comes here every night but he didn't come this evening. I was worried. He poured a drink into a shot glass and offered it to me. I turned it down and I left after saying thanks. I sat down at the curb where I am now.

For the first time in my life I hoped the Jed was drunk last night. So drunk that he fell asleep somewhere, somewhere not in that ashed dorm but I don't know but I do hope. Hope is all I have.

~End of Log