Dads 26

"Shar, have you watched the news?" Nanay asked.

"News about what nanay?"

"So Hyun's dad died yesterday."

So Hyun's dad died already and I even went to Korea.

"Nanay, it's been a long time."

"No, her dad just died. Are you not going to visit her?"

"I can't be mistaken, it's already weeks ago when he died and then he died again?" I asked myself.

"If that's true nanay then, shall we visit her?"

We visited her. She's really crying and she seem to be hurt.

"So Hyun ah,"

She looked at me.

I hugged her.

"When you asked me if I am your friend and you said you think about it, I wanted to say sorry. I wanted to admit I lied but I don't know how to do it."

"I did it because I can no longer own what I supposed to own. Dad is gone and I could no longer have the rights to the hospital."

"So Hyun ah,"

"When I said dad died, that's the time when mom knew about the hospital. Our shares just disappear. They just told us, we can no longer have any rights from it. So I really feel like dying that time."

"I lost half of my life...no...three fourths of my life Shar."

I tried to comfort her. I can't get mad at her. I rather feel pity than hate her.

...

After my class in the afternoon, I have to make sure to be at home at exactly or earlier than 6.

I am successful in the last 3 days but in the fourth I failed.

After going out of the gate, I saw two guards.

I wanted to escape but they are not ordinary. They are really well trained and even know martial arts.

I learned to like my life in the Philippines because I don't have much attention. I don't have guards, I don't need to dress up to match my title of being the successor of Dad. I live my life as simple as I want. My classmates see me as their equal. But how can I live comfortably now that I have two guards?

I was the topic of our campus. Others tried to research about my real identity. It made me feel uncomfortable. It's the life I want to escape but I can no longer avoid it.

On the other hand, I heard that Donny did not pass the first test of being the successor of  his dad. He lost his position as the acting president of Peterson Law Firm.

Donny needed rest. He needed theraphy. He had to have a break.

Although I have my guards, I was able to ask them favor especially of visiting Donny.

So Hyun is not yet aware of Donny's condition. But she got so curious about him so she went to their house.

She heard it from the nannies who are talking about it.

She looked for me after visiting Donny's house.

Once again, she asked for my apology. She told me that she wanted to say sorry to Donny but she can't show her face to him after doing such lies.

No matter how vague our friendship was, still I can't hate her. Because I too is hiding a secret from her.

Then dad visited Philippines instead of Atty. Peterson going to Korea.