Chapter 1 : Short-Term Memory Loss

Third Person's Point of View.

The sun is peeking through his bedroom window as he sleeps soundly. The surroundings are quiet, only the noise of the aircondition and his breathing are being heard.

He groaned as he changed his sleeping position into a more comfortable one. Pillows are all over him, blanket is barely covering his body, and his hand is on his head while the other one is on his abdomen.

The alarm suddenly goes off, stating that it's already 8:00 in the morning and it is time for him to wake up.

This is his usual waking time as he doesn't want to wake up so late, it makes him dizzy and have headache for the rest of the day.

The alarm automatically stops after 10 seconds. He slowly opens his eyes, blinking it several times, and then looks around his surroundings. He finally gets up and stetches his body shortly before setting up his bed.

He turns off thr aircon and exits his bedroom then goes into the bathroom to his usual routine. It usually takes him 20 to 30 minutes to finish, but sometimes almost an hour.

After doing what he has to do in the bathroom, he goes to the kitchen and looks at the fridge door. "Cook breakfast," he reads at one of the notes sticking on the fridge door. He opens the lower part of the fridge and checks inside what would he be cooking for today's breakfast.

"Ham and egg? But I had ham and egg yesterday." He closes the lower part and opens the upper part, also known as the freezer. "Uhm, what about bacon?" he nods to himself, "Okay, bacon it is." He confirms, as if talking to somebody even though he lives alone in his little apartment.

Whilst cooking breakfast, he suddenly remembered what happened last week when he forgot where he parked his car at the mall.

"What's his name again?" he asks himself, "Is it Kim... Taeyong? Taehyun? Theo?" he shakes his head. "Ah, Kim Taehyung!" he loudly says and smiles widely. "He's kinda cute. I remembered I walked him into his apartment but I kinda forgot where's his apartment." he says to himself. "I didn't even manage to get his phone number."

Jimin's living alone and he mostly talks to himself as if somebody is with him. He's already used to it but it's still kinda hard for him, considering he has to deal with his forgetfulness on the daily basis. Sometimes, his brain can't function properly due to his condition, forgetting what he's doing or losing his focus to what he's doing.

He's still thankful that he survived his student life even though he would forget about his projects, assignments and activities but good thing, he has friends in his school to remind him. Always.

Like, "Jimin-ah, don't forget about our assignment, it's due tomorrow."

"Jimin-ah, we have project to do, okay? Remember that."

"Jimin-ssi, did you do the assignment? If you haven't, please do it now."

Although he had separate notebook to write all the reminders, they would still remind him about the things that they have to do in school because due to his forgetfulness, he'd still forget about them or write about them. It's really hard.

After he cooked his breakfast while talking nonsensical to himself, he prepares the dining table before eating.

"Wait, where did I put my phone?" he suddenly asks. He furrows his forehead to try to remember where he put his phone and when he finally realized, he ran over to the kitchen.

He opened the freezer to see his phone there. "Oh my God!" He grabbed and hugged it to his chest. "Why in the world did I put this here?" He must've forgotten about it when he's finding what food to cook.

He goes back to the dining area and look at the table confusedly. "What was I doing?" he furrows his forehead once again. "Oh yeah, I was gonna eat breakfast." he sighs before sitting on his chair.

Poor Jimin. He doesn't deserve to have this condition.

When he was 10 years old, he had an accident that impacted his brain so he went into a brain surgery. It was successful, he lived.

But few months after, he had gotten into an accident again, this time, with his family. He survived, but unfortunately, his parents and brother didn't and passed away.

Due to that, he lived with his grandparents for a short period of time. He had to suffer from depression that he didn't manage to take care of himself, he starts to be very forgetful. He usually forgets about the things that he recently said, did or heard.

Later after he ate breakfast, suddenly, someone knocked on the door. He glanced at the door for a few seconds before going back to what he's doing, which is cleaning the table.

There's a knock on the door again and it's now louder.

He sighed, "Who is it?" He walked towards the door and open it to a reveal a brown-haired guy named Jungkook.

"Hello, hyung! Someone's looking for you." the younger boy grinned.

A tall guy suddenly appeared that made him gasp. "Hi, Jimin!"

"Taehyung?" he shockingly said.

"Yes, it's me." the guy confirmed, "Remember, at the mall, when you—"

"Yes, yes, I remember you." he cut off Taehyung's words.

"O-oh, okay, I'm leaving now. Bye!" Jungkook waves at them before leaving.

"Can I come in?" Taehyung asks, smiling.

Jimin nods, "Y-yes. Please, come in." He let Taehyung comes in his apartment then he closed the door behind.

Taehyung then scratched the back of his neck, smiling awkwardly, "Sorry for coming here unannounced. I-I kinda forgot to get your number last week because I was stunned by your beauty— I mean, I was shy to ask for it." he rumbled nonsensically.

Jimin laughed and oh, does Taehyung loves the sound of it. "It's okay, though. I was gonna get your number as well but I forgot about it too, because you know, I'm forgetful." he smiles lightly.

Taehyung nearly fainted when he saw that pretty smile. "So, uhm, shall we sit?"

"Should I be the one saying that?" Jimin chuckled. "Okay, let's sit."

Taehyung nodded and shyly took a seat on the sofa. Jimin then sat beside him. "So, what brings you here?" the latter asked.

"Uhm," Taehyung said, not sure of what really he's going to say. "I kinda wanna visit you because I know you're alone here in your apartment. And I'm alone, too." He mentally slapped himself.

Taehyung, you idiot.

Jimin hummed, nodding. "Thanks, but you don't have to. I can handle myself here." Taehyung only smiled. "So, you wanna watch a movie or—"

Taehyung cut off Jimin and happily said, "Sure!"

Jimin giggles, "Okay." He suddenly remembered what he was doing and glanced at the table, "Oh wait, I was cleaning the table. I'll just finish it and then I'll go wash the dishes then take a bath. Would you willing to wait?" he grins.

Taehyung nods, "Yes. Why don't I turn on the TV already and then operate the DVD player for you?" he offers.

"Sounds great. Would you like to grab some snacks as well for the both of us? Although I just ate breakfast. But I have some snacks in the cupboard, in the kitchen. Only if you want." Jimin smiles.

"Okay!" Taehyung excitedly said. "Do what you need to do and I'll take care of everything." he smiles. It fades away immediately when he realized he was a bit feeling at home. "Ah, I'm so sorry, I just thought you needed some company. Now, I felt embarrassed."

"No, no, it's okay. Feel at home anytime you want." he told him, waving his hand at him. "So, uhm, I'll go and do what I have to do."

Taehyung nods, flashing a wide smile on his face. He's so pretty, I'm gonna faint.
-

A/N

taehyung is whipped wbk HAHAHAHA btw, the first chapter is already here! how was it? how are you?