Chapter 7 : His Stepbrother

Taehyung's Point of View.

I went back to my apartment to get Jimin's strawberry cake from my refrigerator. After that, I run back to his apartment and when I enter, I saw him sitting on the floor in an indian seat, soft crying.

I put the box of cake on the center table and approach him. "Hey, Jiminnie, what happened?"

"I thought you left me. I was talking in the kitchen, thinking you were there, but turned out I was only talking to myself." he whines.

"Jimin, I told you I was gonna get your cake, don't you remember?" I chuckle.

I think he realized that as he sighs heavily. "Stupid me."

"Come on, get up now. I'm here." I offer my hand and he immediately grabs it and uses it as guide to lift himself up. Then I grab the box of cake and smile at him, "Now, where do you want me to put this?"

"Just put it on the dining table. And then help me in the kitchen." he pokes my cheek before walking towards the kitchen.

I cup my cheek with my free hand and softly giggle to myself. Jimin, what are you doing to me? My heart can't take it.

I obeyed him and put down the box of cake on the dining table and then go to the kitchen.

"Hey, what should I do to help you?" I ask, moving my eyes through the surroundings.

"Do you know how to cook?"

I stop and slowly, dramatically look at him. "Not really." I shake my head.

"How do you live in your apartment if you don't know how to cook?" he asks softly.

I pout, "I usually buy instant food, or sometimes I order online. But I do know how to cook bacon."

"Bacon only?" he raises an eyebrow.

"And egg."

"And egg?"

"And uhm, instant noodles?" I laugh in embarrassment.

"How about ramen?"

"No."

He sighs heavily. "Nevermind. You can just watch me cook."

"But I want to help." I pout again.

"Ah, I know what you can do—" he was interrupted when his phone goes off. He grabs his phone from the counter. I can see the name in the caller ID. It reads: Namjoon hyung.

Namjoon?

Kim Namjoon?

He accepts the call and put his phone on his right ear. "Hello? Who's this? What do you mean you're on your way? What?"

I crease my forehead while watching him. My heart suddenly beats fast due to nervousness.

"You're what? It's only..." he brings his phone in front of his face to, I assume, look at the time. "It's only almost 12 noon. Okay, fine. Bye!" He ended the call and puts back his phone on the counter.

"Who's... that?" I ask. Nervousness still sucks in.

"He said his name is Namjoon and they're on their way." he frowns and shrugs his shoulders.

"Namjoon? You mean, Kim Namjoon?"

"I think. Why? He said he's my friend. Do you know him?"

I lean on the counter and purse my lips. "Well, apparently, yes. He's the husband of my stepbrother."

"You have a stepbrother?" he asks in shock.

"Yeah, I never told you." I flash a thin smile. "You know what, we—I mean, you should get started."