Chapter 4 : Good Company

Third Person's Point of View.

There's nothing Taehyung despises than being babied by his mother or anyone, in particular, because as a matter of fact, he's already a grown-up and technically not a baby anymore.

But here, today, his mother is putting a towel on his back, telling him he should take good care of himself for the reason that he's now living alone in an apartment she bought for him.

"Mom, I'm okay, I swear." Taehyung complains, folding his arms in front of his chest.

"See? In that attitude, you're still a baby." Mrs. Kim coos then pinches her son's cheeks.

"No!" he protests.

"Oh, and by the way, who is this Jimin guy that you have a crush on?" his mom asks, excitedly waiting for his son's answer.

However, Taehyung didn't answer, instead, he looks down and a blush starts to form onto his cheeks. He can't believe his mom is asking him about his crush.

"Why?" She hooks her fingers on his chin to lift his head up, "I wanna meet him so I can know who's making my baby blush like that." she teases.

"Mom! No, there's no way." He swipes his mom's hand off gently.

"If you didn't ramble at me about the guy you met at the mall last week, I wouldn't be curious of how does he look like. Is he cute? Is he handsome? Come on, son, I wanna meet him." Taehyung only sighs.

"I'll let you meet him when I'm ready." That earned a confused look from his mom.

"What do you mean?" Mrs. Kim sighs back. "But let me tell you, son, don't use your heart too much, we both know it's weak. And you know what I mean by that." Taehyung just nods.

They both got startled when his phone vibrates through the sofa, receiving a call from a caller ID: Jiminnie ♡

"Jiminnie, huh?" Mrs. Kim gives him a sly smile and he can't help but to blush once more.

He picks up his phone from the sofa and presses the 'accept' button before putting it on his left ear. "Hello?"

"Oh my god, I've been debating with myself whether or not I should call you, but now that I'm already calling, I just wanted to check if you're okay." Jimin rambled then sighed. He spoke so fast, he was nearly out of breath.

If Taehyung has to be honest, he found that very cute and he had to prevent himself from smiling by biting his lower lip. He can see his mom giggling on his side from his peripheral view.

"Uh, yes, I'm okay. I hope you're feeling okay, too." he manages to say.

"Uhm..." There's a silent for a few seconds on the other line before Jimin speaks again. "There's something I want to say b-but I forgot about it. Let me just remember it, p-please." Jimin says in a shy tone.

He lets out a small laugh and mentally giggles. "Sure, take your time."

There's a moment of silent again, only their breathing can be heard. He glances at his mom and she's now brushing her hair randomly.

"Oh, I remember it now!" Jimin suddenly spoke that Taehyung almost jumped on his seat.

"Oh, good. What is it then?" he asks, smiling.

"I'm just wondering if you could, uhm, company me on my birthday? Because you know, I'm alone here and I don't know if some of my friends are going to come visit me." Jimin's tone is still shy. Taehyung can't help but to giggle.