Author-Chan Finds Something To Like

I wanted to make this an announcement at first, but I figured it was going to get really long, and be honest, who reads a long ass announcement?

I hope you guys read this, I think it's interesting.. because it's really depressing owo. I won't explain the 'playing' part, just the plot.

WE ARE GOING TO TALK ABOUT A HORROR/DEPRESSING GAME!

The game is called "Ib", and was made a really long time ago, specifically 8 years ago (feb 27, 2012).

It's about an eight year old girl called Ib (pronounced similar to "eve") who had long dark brown hair with dark red eyes. She went to the Guertena art gallery with her parents, and eventually realizes she's alone when her parents allowed her to wander off to look at the different paintings.

Ib finds a certain painting labeled as "Fabricated World" (known as ??? World to Ib in the game), and the lights starts to flicker until it's dark. Ib looks around and finds that no one is with her.

Soon, Ib finds a man named "Garry" that was also trapped. Garry helps Ib read labels and puzzles you had to solve in the game, while following her around. Garry had purple hair that covered half of his face, and has black eyes, though only one could be seen.

Ib and Garry then find a strange, but seemingly girl called "Mary" who claims to also be lost, Mary looks to be the same age as Ib. After a while, Garry gets separate from the group, and Mary was now the only one following the player, Ib, throughout the game.. but Mary isn't who she seems.

Mary was a painting that was the most painted by Guertena, becoming his favorite character to paint. She's blonde with green eyes, a green dress to match.

Mary considered the painter her father, and became deeply desperate for love when Guertena soon moved on and stopped painting her.

To make the dark background make sense, it has all the paintings Guertena has made, inculding Mary. Making it look like Ib and Gary were stuck in Guertena's art gallery, because it was filled with paintings that became obstacles.

Then, Mary met Ib and Garry, who looked almost like Guertena, who Mary considered her cruel father. She became friends with Ib and Garry, and followed them around while the two overcome the obstacles and puzzles they needed to solve to escape.

Mary was a painting, so of course she had no actual parents if you don't count Guertena. Meaning, she was never taught proper morals and ethics, making her morality twisted..

..which is why she tried killing Garry o.o.

Mary tried to kill Garry when the fact about only two people could escape was found out, she wanted to leave with whom she considered her friend, Ib. And because she could only pursue her dream of leaving the cursed gallery by sacrificing a life from the real world. Mary's dream was always to make many friends in the real world, experience all the things she's read in books about the real world, like the beach and candy. 

I'm guessing she wants many friends so she could experience actual love? Do you think she'd have abandonment issues by now.. I don't know, I'm not that deep in the fandom to know everything about the characters.

Mary does try attacking Ib when they both figure out her secret, because she became desperate to leave. Mary has a disliking towards Garry, because she was envious of his close relationship with Ib, who would make her look even more human if she was friends with Ib in the real world.

There are many endings. If you want to leave with Mary, Garry has to die. If you want to leave with Garry, Mary is left alone to never pursue her dreams.

I think Mary's color is mainly yellow, because Guertena wanted her personality to be upbeat and bubbly. And maybe the dev of the game made it yellow, because yellow may also symbolize jealousy and being two-faced.

In the game, the health bar is the petals of a rose each character has. Ib has red, Garry probably has purple, and Mary has a (fake) yellow rose. There are five petals for Ib.

At some point in the game after Garry finds out, Mary probably attacks, and Garry trades his rose for Ib's. Of course, Mary plucks all of his petals until he dies.

If the player chooses the right choices, they will get an ending where Mary leaves with Ib.

Mary and Garry's relationship is hella complicated. Mary does not hate Garry for him specifically, but she sees him as a rival. She may dislike him because of his close relationship with Ib, when Mary always wanted a friend that related to her. BUT AT THE SAME TIME, Mary trusts Garry, because at a time in the game, she gives her rose to Garry for him to protect.

That's all I know :^