Chapter Nine

It had been a couple of days since the guys had flown in to Florida. Some stayed with me while the others stayed with Jungkook.
   Everything was ready, we just needed to wait on Namjoon. Speaking of, he was meant to already be in Florida. "The tracker says he's been around a few shops, my guess is he's getting himself used to the area so he can say he 'coincidentally' ran into Karter" Yoongi calles out, typing away at his laptop.
  The mention of my name brought my attention to him. "Then we do just that" I respond, I knew he wasn't directing that at me but since I was the one being sacrificed, I felt I had a say in things.
   Yoongi widens his eyes and looks at me, "what do you mean?" He questions, "instead of ambushing him, just let him take me. I'll keep you all updated with where he takes me. We need enough to build a case don't we?"

  The guys looked at me astonished, as if I had just finished a puzzle no one could ever complete. I furrowed my eyebrows, "isn't that what was planned in the beginning?" I ask, not sure why they were all acting star struck.

  Taehyung shakes his head, "we had a plan but it was.... not that. That's a good idea" he says. And so it begins.

After a while of drafting, all of the guys are here. We wait in my dads office for further instructions.

"Karter, Namjoon is at the grocery store up the street right now" Yoongi tells me, standing next to my dad at the tracker.

Everything was moving so fast, but I couldn't back out now. "Do you have the vest on?" Jungkook asks me, I nod. "You think after all I've been through I would take it off?" I remark.
A piece of me still didn't trust these guys. It was odd how they all immediately switched up when Namjoon got shot. If it was that easy to switch up imagine what could happen now.
"Okay, Karter head out now. Keep your burner phone on you at all times. Namjoon is smart but you need to be smarter" My dad says, handing me the keys to his car.
This time, I hug him. The last time I got kidnapped by Namjoon I didn't get to say anything to my parents.
"It'll be okay honey. We'll put an end to this" My dad coos, rubbing my back.
Once I pull away, I turn to the boys. "He won't hurt you Karter, I know he won't"Jimin assures me. I nod, and make my way to the car.

   I follow the directions, on the burner phone, to Namjoon. He was at the grocery store, 15 minutes from my house. I left the keys in the glove department and made my way inside the store.

Stay clear of any men he might be around

The text message on the burner phone read. I didn't send a text back, I shoved the phone into my pocket and began to walk around.

I thought about the things I would be leaving behind. I thought about Cj, and how I haven't talked to her since the party. I felt bad, she was probably worried about me.

There was no way I could say anything to her now. I didn't need her being dragged into this. "Where's the honey butter chips" Namjoons voice rang through my ears. I stiffened, though I quickly brushed it off and turned around.

His eyes met with mine, as I walked closer to him. "Karter?" He gasped, as if he were shocked. But I could tell it was faked. I sent him a weak smile, I was supposed to go along with it.

"Namjoon, how'd you get in Florida?" I ask him softly. A smirk appears on his face, as he grabs my arm. The same way he did when he first took me.
I scrunched up my face and shook my arm from his grasp, "Namjoon, I'm not gonna be thrown around by you. Let's go somewhere private" I mutter, grabbing his arm and pulling him outside. I could tell he was shocked.
"Where is your car?" I ask him, he looks at me not saying a word. "Did you loose your hearing suddenly?" I remark. He chuckles, "I like this new Karter.... I'm parked over there" he points.

I guide him to his car and get in his passenger seat. He gets in the drivers seat and pulls the car into the road.

And it all begins now.

________

✔️ Jeon Jungkook
✔️Park Jimin
✔️Kim SeokJin
✔️Jung Hoseok
✔️Kim Taehyung
✔️Min Yoongi
✖️kim namjoon