Chapter Three

The school hallway was empty, I was sat on the floor against the lockers editing my video on my laptop. Cj had to work today so I was waiting on one of my parents to come get me, though it would be a while since they both had to work.
    I sigh finally done with my project and shut my laptop. After shoving everything in my bag, I push myself up from the ground. I begin to walk towards the exit, but I heard footsteps other than mine. My mind immediately imagined the worst situation so I snapped my head around and pointed my pepper spray at whoever was behind me.

It was him.

   The guy who had been following me, the past few days. I widen my eyes and lower the pepper spray, keeping it in my hand. "What are you doing?" I question, he blinks at me, not answering my question.
    "Dude! Why are you following me? Do I know you?" I ask. He blinks again, "나 너를 아라요? (Na neoleul alayo)" I repeat, in my broken Korean.
  His eyes soften and he embraces me into a tight hug. I stiffen at this, I try my hardest to push him off but it doesn't work. "Let me go" I demand, about to pull out my pepper spray. He lets me go and pulls down his mask. "Noona, I've missed you" he says softly. I widen my eyes once again. "Jungkook?!" I exclaim.
    My heart sinks as the memories flood in. He notices the tears forming at my eyes and his eyes widen. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry" He soothes, immediately hugging me.
    I cry into his shoulder as I hug him back. I can't lie and say I didn't miss him. I missed everyone, except Namjoon.

   "Jungkook you can't just follow people around like that, you almost gave me a heart attack." I say once we finally pull away from the hug.
    His cheeks turn a light shade of pink as he looks the other way, "I'm sorry, I just wanted to see you. If you were okay" He says. I smile, and interlock my arm with his, and we continue walking out. "You're Korean is good!" He praises, "I didn't expect you to talk to me in Korean" he sighs.
   I shrugged, "how is everyone?" I ask, as we find a seat on the bench outside. He sucks in a breath. "Honestly, everything is terrible. I'm scared Karter, Namjoon gets out on the 7th" he breathes out, turning his body to face me.
   My heart once again sinks at the sound of Namjoons name. "I thought he got a longer sentence" I state.
   "It got shortened due to good behavior, but you know Namjoon, he probably paid off his own bail" Jungkook shivered. "Noona, I know your parents won't let you talk to me, but here's my number. I want you to tell me if anything happens or if you need me please call." He says, sliding me a piece of paper.
   "I'm here if you need me okay?" He assured me, as he noticed my uneasiness. I nod.
    Jungkook and I didn't talk much while I was stuck in his house, but I could tell how much he cared for me. Plus it wasn't his fault.
   "Does he know where I am?" I question, grabbing his arm. He looks at me before answering, "He would look for a Karter Emmerson, not a Karter Gant. If he ends up in Florida I'll alert you so you can tell your parents before anything gets out of hand." He says.
   Mrs. Jeon walks out and looks at the two of us. "You ran from her this morning, now you're all cuddled up huh." His mom states. Jungkook blushes and hides his face from Karter, "mommm" he whines standing up.
   I smile at the two and stand up as well. "I didn't know your this was your mom" I say. The two resembled each other a lot, I have no clue how I didn't notice before. Mrs. Jeon nods wrapping her arm around Jungkook.
   He avoids eye contact, and she laughs. "Do you want a ride home darling?" She asks, I looked at the time. There would still be a lot of time until my mom could get me so I accepted with a smile.
   "Sure, I could give you my flash drive in the mean time." I say, pulling it out of my bag. Her face lightens up with excitement as she takes it, "I'll make Kookie watch it with me tonight" she says. I look to Jungkook who has a sour expression on his face.
   "I hope you like it Kookie" I say, and we make our way to her car. He rolls his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. He opens the backseat door for me and then gets in the front.
    Being near Jungkook somehow brought Jimin to my mind. I wonder what he's doing, if he is okay. Is he thinking of me? What do I do if I see him again?

      I didn't even expect to see Jungkook again, I figured the guys didn't want anything to do with me. "Ah, noona. Jimin talks about you a lot" Jungkook tells me, as if he was reading my mind.

    I couldn't respond to this, I simply nodded. I didn't know what to say. So much had happened two years ago, so much has changed.
    I decided to not let my mind wander. I joined in on the stories of Jungkook as a child, and how they decided to move to Florida after Jungkooks "exchange program".

    Jungkook told his mom that he was in an exchange program in Texas. She didn't know of the things he did while he was there, she didn't even know who Namjoon was.
  I went along with it, not wanting to open any doors I couldn't close. "We're here Karter, I look forward to seeing you again," Jungkook says. "Same" I say.

"Thank you for the ride Mrs. Jeon, I hope you like the film" I say, exiting the car. The two wave at me and make their way off.

________

✔️ Jeon Jungkook
Park Jimin
Kim SeokJin
Jung Hoseok
Kim Taehyung
Min Yoongi
kim namjoon