Chapter 7: Monarch

Jonas's POV

Every Saturdays, we spend the whole day in Monarch playing games, having a good conversation, throwing a party or chill. This place is basically a place owned by Rhett's family. Rhett is our high school classmate and so as our friend who decided not to take college, and so, we only get a chance to meet him every weekends. 

It was way back in high school around our 2nd year, five of us decided to look for a place we can call our own. "Tambayan" as what normally guys call it. Rhett happened to remember that they owned a lot near school. It's only few blocks away. At first, it was pretty awful. An abandoned house with a very creepy aura. Besides the cold air of the place, everything is fine with cleaning. So then we decided to clean up the space. The paint of the walls are obviously sticking out as Cy suggested to paint it all black. Yes black.. For a change.. We want it to be as cool as it can be. Anyway, black is the coolest color when we were high school. So we did.. 

With a lot of cleaning and changes, Monarch now looks cool inside. We never bothered to fix anything outside since we also want it to be mysterious as possible. Weird thoughts we had when we were high school. Damn. 

The walls are totally covered with black paint and many pictures of us five taped in them. Monarch is pretty big. Although it is only 1 story house, the place is wide to have 3 bedrooms. We also have table tennis table since 3 of us plays the sport. It also compose of all appliances needed in a regular house. 

"Bumili ako sa tindahan kahapon tapos tinanong ako ng tindera.. Alam nyo yung tanong?" Here Rhett goes again. Out of us all, he is the joker of the group. He can't withstand his silence even just for 5 mins. 

"Ano.. kacornyhan mo nanaman eh.." Cy said. Out of us all, she is the most sophisticated. She also have a little touch of being harsh and demanding. 

"Hindi ka na dapat nag tanong para alam nyang hindi tayo interesado." Dan added. Jordan is purely Cy's slave. He is a silent one who loves sleeping during day time. I know he loves bar-hopping with his other friends during night. Cy and Jordan pretty much grew up together and in all I know, their parents run a business together. 

"Tinanong ako ni Ate kung ano daw sa english yung Ang singsing at tatlong hari." Yeah I get it.. Here again is one of the corny jokes of Rhett. 

"Ano?" I replied. I am not really interested about the joke. 

"Sabi ko the ring and three kings." Yun na yung joke nya?  

"Teka! Hindi pa tapos." He calls into us as we face our backs to him. There is no Joke in his joke. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with this dude. 

"Alam nyo yung sagot?" He ask again and we all look at him as if we are slightly interested on his joke. 

"A ring king king king"

Rhett.. You can call me anytime if you are interested seeing a doctor.

He is now shaking his body weirdly as he laugh at his own joke. 

Athena... 

She is again playing with lighter and texting with someone on her phone. She got this weird mannerism of playing with fire. 

-

Athena's POV

from: +639*********

"Even if I tell you who am I,  you won't believe it."

to: +639*********