one last time

[A/N: A taerosekook one shot (:]

Chaeyoung's P.O.V.

"Please...let me see you...just one last time."

My brown eyes glistened with unshed tears. There was no way I could ever make up for what I had done to him. To repair the damage that I ultimately caused. 

It was all my fault.

I would completely understand if he just slammed the door in my face. I would completely understand if he called me a 'slut'. I would completely understand if he wished to never see me again.

I couldn't blame him at all. 

I was afraid to even look at him. I didn't deserve to, but my heart yearned for me to. It was the only way for me to truly let him go. 

I had to be with him one last time. 

His dark eyes narrowed at the sight off me and for a moment, I genuinely thought he was going to slam the door in my face, but I deserved that no less.

I watched, as his grip on the door tightened and his eyes turned hard. He took in a couple of breaths, before loosening his grip on the door and sighing, closing his eyes. This was how he always was: forgiving. And I always told myself, I didn't deserve him, because I really didn't. I still don't. 

I've made so many mistakes and he would always take me back, because I would beg him to despite how much I've hurt him. 

He doesn't deserve to endure more of the pain he has gone through because of me.

What did I do this time?

I still very much loved him. My own heart knew that bit. We had been together for more than two years. We were even planning on moving into a new house this summer. 

But then...

I met him.

I was a liar, I gave into the fire

I know I should have fought it, at least I'm being honest

Feel like a failure, cause I know that  I failed you

I should've done you better

Cause you don't want a liar

When I had first met him, he was cold. His aura screamed of power and superiority. I had no idea who he was. 

He was clearly offended by me not knowing of his existence and showed it in class. 

I would come home to my boyfriend, always complaining about the snarky, brooding man who attended my pottery classes to just annoy the living daylights out of me. 

My boyfriend would laugh it off, unaware that his beloved girlfriend would end up with the said man. 

The man continued to show up, with each encounter being a little more meaningful than the last, slowly opening up to me because I refused to tolerate his rude behavior. Our conversations slowly began to intensify and without a warning, a burning fire, I've never felt before, stirred in my stomach. 

What happened to me?

My heart began to melt for him and, little by little, I realized with absolute horror that he began to become more than just a friend. It was a rainy Saturday evening when he had first kissed me and that marked the first act of betrayal.