Chapter 16

"So this is his palace... I'm not surprised, seeing how pathetic this guy is," I said, checking the palace out from outside. The entrance was covered in police tapes.

"What did you guys do?" I gestured to the doors.

"Makoto burst through them when she awakened to her persona," Joker said.

"So what am I going to be called? You all were using codenames, were you?"

"She's quite perceptive..."

Of course, she's student council leader for nothing. Nothing gets past her.

"This time's a hard one. Maybe something like shoulder pads?"

"Why in the world did you focus on that?" Mona exclaimed, clearly embarrassed about Skull.

"I refuse to be called that!" Makoto frowned.

"What about rider?"

"Sounds too much like a smuggler, next."

"Fixer?"

"I'm not a mastermind though. Next."

"How about empress?" I asked. "She is sort of like one."

"Empress..." Joker thought about something before snapping his fingers.

"How about Queen?"

"Whoa, I totally see it!"

"It fits so well I'm at a loss for words here."

"Queen... It has a nice ring to it."

"Y/N, what's your codename?"

"It's Minou. Fox gave me that name."

"It matches with your persona and outfit, don't you think? A feline rebel..."

"It's a nice name. Ryuji wanted to call me Jester first. I forget how terrible he is with names."

"Hey! You have a checkered scarf on your waist and you look like a trickster! Why the hell would you not be a jester?"

"Because jesters are only there for comedic relief. I am here to fight, not tell the shadows jokes."

"Fair enough. Now then, could you explain to me the strategy for this mission?"

I've never seen their strategy before. I've only been with them in Mementos, and even with that, I could see that Joker had everything under control-

"...strategy?" Ryuji frowned.

"Wait, you mean to tell me the Phantom Thieves were acting without any plans?!" My eyes widen as I frowned.

"Are you serious? Joker, I would have expected you'd have something after two palace infiltrations. What about enemies with a high defense or a particular skill that could weaken you all?"

"Y/N, if we run into shadows, we best the shit out of 'em!" Ryuji pumped his fists enthusiastically.

"Very well then. I feel like I would be useful for sure. Y/N, could you assist me as well? You have a keen eye... You will help me by figuring out a shadow's weakness if unknown. It seems like Y/N and I's role is to be the brains of this team. I'll analyze Mona's information and give out orders."

Looking for a shadow's weakness... It is a simple task but the problem was if the persona find our weaknesses.

Fox is fire, Panther is ice, Skull is wind... And then it also depends on the personas Joker has.

"Any objections?" Queen raised her head with a warning look.

"N-None, Queen!"

"I bet Skull is definitely the type that'll be under a girl's thumb..."